Senior Director, Midmarket Sales
Want to work with large and midsize brands? Love coaching and developing individuals? Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. Yelp’s Midmarket team partners with multi-location businesses to provide industry leading advertising solutions. Our native search advertising products deliver strong ROI by helping clients connect with potential customers at the bottom of the purchase funnel. Yelp has become an essential part of a client’s advertising mix and the Midmarket team is growing fast.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Director, Midmarket Sales to remotely lead a team of Regional Directors that actively manage Midmarket Sales Directors in all areas from prospecting, pitching and closing new business to driving incremental revenue from existing Midmarket accounts. The Senior Director, Midmarket Sales must have a proven record of developing and coaching leaders, while navigating through an evolving organization.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes. This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
*Please note that while this role will operate remotely, it is required that the candidate resides in the United States (Excluding the San Francisco Bay Area) and within 50 miles of a major airport.*
What you'll do:
- You will be responsible for Midmarket’s most strategic accounts.
- You will manage and coach a team of Regional Sales Directors to develop successful sales strategies including implementing multi-tiered approaches, establishing a wide network of contacts, defining measurable success metrics, developing successful campaigns, navigating conversations around attribution, identifying and staying ahead of risks, and accurately forecasting opportunities
- You will coach leaders around activity, metrics, coaching, and driving revenue from new business and post sale accounts.
- You will meet and exceed quarterly sales team quotas by holding your team accountable for activities that lead to revenue generation
- You will provide regular updates to management on team activities, opportunities, and risks
- You will implement strategic planning, forecasting and ongoing development of leaders and their respective sales teams
- You will identify improvement in all areas of productivity, process and efficiency
- You will develop and maintain executive level relationships to help drive sales activities
- You will assist in closing complex multi-million dollar programs with your team
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 5+ years managing a team of leaders
- You have 10+ years relevant Enterprise and/or Midmarket experience across Digital and Advertising Sales roles
- You have been responsible for over $30M annual revenue
- You have a proven track record of exceeding multi-million dollar sales targets
- You are an experienced communicator with a proven track record of executive outreach
- You are an entrepreneur with a history of building partnerships from scratch
- You have the ability to handle critical conversations internally with reps as well as client escalations
- You are able to successfully navigate uncertainty for all parties and lead to desired outcomes
- You believe in Yelp’s mission and naturally put the company and team first
- You are able to travel 30-50% of the time
- You are easy-going, cool headed, with a track record of collaboration and working well internally
- You are ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and build something big at Yelp
What you'll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Work from home reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Target base salary range is $150,000-$190,000 plus performance based incentives. You may also be offered equity
Something looks off?