See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Accountant on the General Ledger Accounting Team!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Accountant who will be a key contributor on our US General Ledger Accounting team. This is a dynamic position which requires extreme attention to detail, professional curiosity, and the desire for professional growth. You will gain experience in a high-growth company and will have the opportunities to be recognized for your contributions. As a staff accountant, you will work closely with the Accounting and FP&A teams to provide quality and accurate financial results on a timely basis. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting based in Los Angeles, California.
In this role, you’ll:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the G/L structure, processes and transactions that feed into it
- Participate in month-end close including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, SOX controls and financial statement disclosures
- Work on special projects as required
- Streamline accounting policies and procedures
- Cultivate strong business relationships with various internal organizations and work with them to improve processes and develop repeatable processes
- Develop and maintain project plans and end-to-end documentation.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Finance/Accounting related function
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, month-end close processes, operational and accounting procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strong reconciliation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work proactively and independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Desire to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team
- CPA/CA license preferred
- Experience designing or executing SOX controls
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP system and other general accounting software
- Public Accounting or other operational accounting experience with a public company
This role will be remote and based in the US.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $77,000-92,400
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role may be eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?