Sales Development Representative - Outbound
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sales Development Representative supporting our sales teams.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help grow and develop our Twilio sales pipeline. The Sales Development team is a strategic component of our go-to-market strategy.
As a team, we collaborate with one another daily, push each other to do the best work of our lives, and bring an unparalleled level of energy & drive to our jobs. We’re looking for people who have a growth-oriented mindset and want to grow their careers within Twilio. If this role excites you but you think you don’t check every box, we still encourage you to apply - we’re already looking forward to meeting you.
In this role, you’ll:
- Breaking into new companies and new markets, and we do this by engaging with prospects by using a multi-channel, value-based approach with the goal of building relationships and driving brand awareness.
- Receive all the necessary training and insights to confidently start contacting prospects through the SDR Onboarding Program for new hires.
- Achieve and exceed your monthly goal for generating new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline.
- Become a master of Salesforce, Outreach, Sales Navigator, and various other systems for workflow execution.
- Research accounts to determine how Twilio can provide them value and then execute on making outbound dials, sending personalized emails, and leveraging social selling.
- Work in partnership with Account Executives to create account strategies, territory plans, and successfully create new business opportunities.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Growth-oriented and are in it for the long haul (excited for leadership and customer-facing career opportunities!)
- You’re goal oriented and biased to action (our quota is the floor not the ceiling!)
- Are excited to go above and beyond to delight your prospects (creative, strategic outreach including hyper-personalized emails, calls, and videos!)
- Lean into change rather than shy away from it (things move quickly around here!)
- Look forward to variety in a normal workday (thanks to the creativity & personalization in this role, each day is a new adventure!)
- You have navigated challenges and overcome obstacles (resilience is a core skill for becoming a great SDR!)
- Embrace responsibility and are excited about joining forces with various Account Executives (teamwork makes the dream work!)
- Portuguese and English are mandatory.
- 2+ year of customer-facing experience.
This role will be Remote - Brazil.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?