Digital Sales Representative - North Asia
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Digital Sales Representative - North Asia.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to play a key role in further growing the business. As our new Digital Inside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for net new customer acquisition, solution selling, and closing deals within our SMB accounts..
Twilio is looking for an Inside Sales Representative who lives the Twilio Magic, is passionate about working with customers, and has experience in selling and closing in the cloud communications platform market.
In this role, you’ll:
- Responsible for net new customer acquisition and driving new revenue for a specific territory while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements. You will need to understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that, together, you can design a solution for their specific use case needs.
- Work diligently with cross-functional internal teams (Sales Development, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Support) to address customer requirements, advise on digital communication strategies, and help customers get started on the Twilio platform.
- Passionate about what you do, able to think outside of the box, and have world-class interpersonal and communication skills to make complex technical and financial details sound simple.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Passion and ability for thinking outside the box, building out new processes, and helping the team to build a playbook along the way.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- At least 1 year of experience in a technical SaaS/CPaaS space, with a record of top performance.
- An understanding (or interest to understand) the cloud computing/communications business model and excitement for selling to a technical audience while utilizing a solution-oriented approach to selling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effortlessly make complex technical and financial details sound simple.
- Technical solutions selling experience and enjoys working with real customers-- listening to them and solving problems.
- High adaptability, with comfort trying new things and building within a rapid-paced environment.
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese is mandatory as this candidate will cover the North Asia region.
- Business proficiency in English is required for internal communications
This role will be based in Singapore.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?