Senior Counsel, Corporate
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Counsel, Corporate.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to continue building a world class corporate legal function.
This position will be a key member of our legal team’s corporate and securities practice and engage in a variety of matters, including public company reporting and corporate governance, ESG, investor relations, and equity operations. A deep knowledge regarding disclosure requirements, 34 Act filings, proxy statements, and other matters related to SEC regulation will be central to the role. Success in this role will also require building strong relationships with and becoming a trusted advisor to key stakeholders in Finance, Accounting, and Investor Relations and our directors and officers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Prepare public company SEC reporting including '34 Act filings like the 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statement, Section 16 reports/filings, 8-K and strong SEC disclosure drafting skills.
- Assist with Environmental, Social and Governance matters and reporting initiatives.
- Provide legal and compliance support on all securities and corporate finance related matters.
- Partner with the accounting, finance and investor relations departments to ensure compliance with all SEC regulations.
- Prepare and review board and committee materials and advise on all other board related matters.
- Support all governance / compliance policies and procedures, including updates to such policies and procedures, particularly managing Twilio's Insider Trading Policy and assisting with preclearance requests.
- Work collaboratively to prioritize business objectives and manage the corporate aspects of being a fast-growing company.
- Provide support for other projects, including working on a range of complex equity and securities issues.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum of 6 years of experience, including experience at a nationally recognized law firm, including significant work in a corporate & securities practice.
- Deep knowledge of SEC and NYSE rules and regulations.
- Public company experience, including familiarity with public company board and governance matters.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively weigh risks against business objectives and develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to form relationships with key stakeholders.
- High personal standards of excellence and ethics, as well as the ability to act with discretion, strict confidentiality, and sensitivity towards issues and individuals.
- The ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
- JD with excellent academic credentials
- Licensed and in good standing with a state bar.
- In-house experience.
- Experience with M&A and strategic partnerships.
- Experience with international expansion relating to subsidiary management, including international corporate governance, international registration, and management of subsidiary entities.
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $160,080.00-$200,100.00
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $169,520.00-$211,900.00
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $183,320.00-$235,400.00
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?