Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst
Tanium is seeking a Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst to support the US & Canada Sales organization in every aspect of the design and execution of their sales go-to-market strategy. We’re looking for an excellent strategic and operational thinker to drive growth, scalability, and efficiency in Tanium’s Northeast sales organization. This person will be in a highly visible role that partners directly with Sales Area Leadership, and collaborates with GTM leaders across the company.
The right candidate must have the ability to both think strategically and execute operationally. We’re looking for candidates that can solve ambiguous problems and have the initiative and intellectual curiosity to propose new ideas and recommend solutions. This candidate will roll up their sleeves to dive deep in analyses and models, while also keeping the big picture and practicality in mind. Finally, the candidate will need to have strong business partnership skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly and build a strong relationship with their business partner.
The position can be located anywhere in the continental United States.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a strategic business partner to Sales Leadership in US & Canada
- Partner with sales leaders to design go-to-market strategies, allocate resources, assign performance targets and develop plans to achieve targets at all levels
- Lead the strategic planning efforts for the Area, which include quota assignments, segmentation and territory plans.
- Lead the operational cadence of all key sales operation activities including forecasting, quarterly business reviews and operational metric reviews
- Proactively identify opportunities for accelerating growth through new processes, salesplays, strategies, cross-functional initiatives, SPIFFs, etc.
- Create and maintain detailed models to support both short- and long-term strategic planning for Tanium’s growth initiatives
- Develop relationships and communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Provide business intelligence, detailed metrics and evaluation of sales KPIs across the region; turn data into key insight supporting the definition and implementation of Tanium’s channel strategy
- Deliver Operational Excellence in Pipeline, Forecast, and Reporting by delivering analytics and insights to leadership that measure key business drivers
- Partner with US & Canada AVP(s) to improve and drive day-to-day operations, including sales cadence, forecasting accuracy, and Salesforce CRM hygiene
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in business or a related field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications)
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role in Sales Operations, Business Operations, Customer Success, Business Development or other related fields
- Experience working within or supporting SaaS or traditional technology environment
- Advanced Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint, Clari, and Xactly/Incent
- Proficiency with Power BI, or similar visualization technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives and large groups
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Experience partnering directly with leaders at the Director and VP level or above
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.
What you’ll get
The annual base salary range for this full-time position is $50,000 to $145,000. This range is an estimate for what Tanium will pay a new hire. The actual annual base salary offered may be adjusted based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, location, education, skills, training, and experience.
In addition to an annual base salary, team members will receive equity awards and a generous benefits package consisting of medical, dental and vision plan, family planning benefits, health savings account, flexible spending account, transportation savings account, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, life, accident and disability coverage, business travel accident insurance, employee assistance programs, disability insurance, and other well-being benefits.
Something looks off?