Manager, Sales Strategy & Operations
Tanium is looking for an excellent strategic thinker and influential storyteller to drive strategy, scalability, and efficiency in the Sales Strategy & Operations organization as a Manager, Sales Strategy and Operations. This is a highly visible role supporting accelerating growth and the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels across Sales, Marketing, Technical Account Management, Field Operations, Sales Development, Legal, Finance, and other Operations teams.
This person must be an analytical and critical thinker, a problem solver, a curious deep diver, and a clear communicator. She/he must be able to roll-up their sleeves, and work directly with the models and data, while also keeping the bigger picture in mind when sharing any findings or narratives with the rest of the business. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, independent, confident speaking to a group, and naturally inquisitive. This person will maintain strategic alignment with sales operations and sales leadership, provide value-add business insights and organizational support, and build programs and efficient processes that drive growth.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with US & Canada Area Sales leadership to define Strategy & Planning including org structure, go to market motion, KPIs, HC needs, investments and training needed for success in all segments and countries
- Provide business intelligence, detailed metrics and evaluation of sales KPIs across the region; turn data into key insight supporting the definition and implementation of Tanium’s channel strategy
- Deliver Operational Excellence in Pipeline, Forecast, and Reporting by delivering analytics and insights to leadership that measure key business drivers
- Provide input to key sales and company leadership presentations through the creation of in-depth analysis of metrics and KPIs
- Partner with Sales Enablement to develop training to help peers, sales and users become more effective in their use of the tools
- Be an integral part of annual planning process across with US & Canada Sales organization, including business modeling, capacity planning, territory planning, Quota planning, coverage and rules of engagement in close partnership with Sales, Finance and other cross-functional leadership
- Partner with US & Canada AVP(s) to improve and drive day-to-day operations, including sales cadence, forecasting accuracy, and Salesforce CRM hygiene
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in business or a related field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications)
5-7 years of experience in an analytical role in Sales Operations, Business Operations, Customer Success, Business Development or other related fields
Experience working within or supporting SaaS or traditional technology environment
Advanced Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint, Clari, and Xactly/Incent.
Proficiency with Power BI, or similar visualization technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives and large groups
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Experience partnering directly with leaders at the Director and VP level or above
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.
What you’ll get
The annual base salary range for this full-time position is $70,000 to $210,000. This range is an estimate for what Tanium will pay a new hire. The actual annual base salary offered may be adjusted based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, location, education, skills, training, and experience.
In addition to an annual base salary, team members will receive equity awards and a generous benefits package consisting of medical, dental and vision plan, family planning benefits, health savings account, flexible spending account, transportation savings account, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, life, accident and disability coverage, business travel accident insurance, employee assistance programs, disability insurance, and other well-being benefits.
Something looks off?