Senior Server Engineer, Integrity
About This Role
Strava is the leading subscription platform at the center of connected fitness, with more than 100 million community members in over 190 countries. The platform offers a holistic view of your active lifestyle, no matter where you live, which sport you love and/or what device you use. Everyone belongs on Strava when they are pursuing an active life.
This role is on the Integrity Team, who focus on preserving the trust of our community. We work together on a set of tools, capabilities, and features that keep Strava in compliance with privacy laws, enable detection and remediation of spam and abuse, and keep user data private. Our systems are used by other engineers and community management team members at Strava and are part of the fabric that keeps Strava functioning for our over 100 million community members.
We are seeking a Senior Server Engineer with an interest in leadership to join this small, collaborative team!
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Help define the future of Integrity engineering at Strava
- Work directly on projects that are meant to keep our Athlete community safe
- Partner with a Senior Engineering Manager to iterate on and execute team processes
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to help set team priorities
- Provide technical leadership within the team
You will be successful here by:
- Prioritizing incoming requests from other coworkers and understanding how requests align with business objectives and team priorities
- Mentoring other engineers and being a visible leader within engineering by sharing about your work outside the team
- Contributing to an inclusive and collaborative team culture
- Owning your work end-to-end and empathizing with the end user at all phases of development
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have experience acting as a technical lead or team lead for an engineering team
- Have developed large-scale systems that other engineers can easily integrate with
- Have worked on software where the customer is another coworker
- Are an evangelist for Trust and Safety ideals
- Have built services in a production environment, using languages like (but not limited to) Ruby, Java, Scala, Python, Go, etc.
- Have experience with relational or NoSQL databases in production (we use MySQL, Redis, and Cassandra)
- Have experience with open source distributed systems technologies (we use Kafka, Finagle, Kubernetes, and Docker)
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. Just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
California Consumer Protection Act Applicant Notice
Something looks off?