Engineering Manager (EST Working Hours)
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our engineering team and ensure the successful execution of our product roadmap. As the Engineering Manager, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional peers, recruit and develop technical talent, drive adoption of new technologies, raise technical quality standards, prioritize technical and product initiatives,, and develop and deliver on metrics. You will also work with international teams to ensure successful product development and delivery.
On a daily basis you will:
- Lead an engineering team to execute product roadmaps and produce quality deliverables effectively
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers (i.e. product, QA, and others) and use strategic influence to shape product vision
- Recruit technical talent, coach and mentor team members, and build a top-notch engineering team
- Drive adoption of new technologies and processes to improve engineering efficiency and output
- Raise technical quality standards and ensure the team delivers high-quality, scalable, and maintainable code
- Identify blind spots and prioritize initiatives across teams, projects, product features, and ad-hoc needs
- Develop and deliver on metrics to measure engineering team performance and guide decision-making
- Build psychological safety and an environment of trust that enables team members to take risks and innovate
- Emphasize the importance of customer engagement and develop solutions that enable businesses to connect with their customers in meaningful ways.
- Work with international teams to ensure successful product development and delivery.
What skill are we searching for?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing software teams (as a Leader or a Manager)
- Strong technical background in software engineering and architecture, and experience with modern programming languages and frameworks
- Experience recruiting and developing technical talent, and building high-performance engineering teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including international teams
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate team members
- Ability to identify blind spots and prioritize initiatives, and drive results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Passion for innovation and driving change, and a strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- AWS (Fargate, Lamba, EKS)
At SpotOn, we put people above everything else. We’re known for our innovative software and technology solutions, but we stand out because of the hard-working humans behind the tech. We can’t take care of our clients without taking care of our employees first, and that’s why we invest in you with a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Restricted Stock Units
- Paid vacation, 11 company holidays, sick time, and volunteer time off
- Headspace membership for guided meditation and stress relieving tools through the Sequoia App*
- Employee Resource Groups for Diversity and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA+, and other communities
- Monitor, Keyboard, and Mouse needed for your home office? We got you
- Monthly cell phone and internet stipend
- Unlimited access to virtual audio and visual workouts through the Sequoia App*
- Subscription to Linkedin Learning to expand your knowledge on all kinds of fun topics
- Tuition reimbursement for up to 2k per calendar year to assist with classes of your choice
* for those enrolled in the Anthem plan
- Our base pay range is $150,000 -$195,000 for this role
- Please note the salary range listed is just one component of a competitive compensation package which includes a company stock plan
- Offers will be reflective of the candidate’s location and experience.
SpotOn is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SpotOn is an e-verify company.
Something looks off?