People Operations Specialist - Employee Experience
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
Our People & Talent department at Sporty is the beating heart of our operation. Working with us is challenging and rewarding, we offer great opportunities for good team fits. We aim to offer real value and benefit to our People and the Company. A proactive, positive working attitude and solutions driven mindset is essential to work in this lean and vital area of our organisation.
We are looking for a People Ops Specialist to join and work alongside our People Ops Lead and our growing department. Our People Operations Team is split into two verticals: tactical operations such as finance and payroll; and employee experience. We are hiring this position specifically for someone with a passion for providing elite employee experience for our new and existing talent.
You would predominantly be responsible for first line communications with our global employee community and managing onboarding flow for a high volume of new starters. We have a highly optimised workflow and world class tools to do your job with market leading products and suppliers.
The People Ops Specialist will have an integral role in the teams overall success and you will have an opportunity to learn, grow and cultivate your own career path along with the support of the wider team at Sporty Group. We always work toward supporting Company goals, in this case enabling Talent Acquisition and retention of our workforce.
You will be expected to execute a seamless on-offboarding flow. Other responsibilities will include employee engagement, equipment distribution, ID checking, applicant tracking, inputting and maintaining staff records. You might also be involved in engagement project initiatives, such as broader internal communication or auditing engagement metrics, and working with data to drive improvements.
- Support admin across the People Ops function such as systems, on-offboarding, KYC checks and employee experience
- Assist with employee engagement across the Company such as quarterly performance reviews
- Cross collaboration with our Talent Acquisition Team for offer handover
- Distributing offer letters and contracts to new and existing staff
- Update spreadsheets systematically to track on-offboarding progress
- Ensure a professional world class experience for candidates and hiring managers throughout the onboarding process
- Contribute to the continuous development of our department and ensure your efforts are aligned with Company standards
- Experience working in a HR or People Operations environment
- You operate successfully with a people oriented mindset across all levels backgrounds Experience working in a fast paced iterative environment
- Tech savviness with an ability to understand and adapt quickly to systems and tooling
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Great organization and time management skills. We refer to the Eisenhower principle and 80/20 principles to prioritize workload and improve
- An ability to work autonomously and independently in a fully remote environment
- Outstanding written and verbal skills in English
- Meticulous attention to detailA great working attitude and team mentality
- Google Workspace (Docs / Sheets / Drive)
Quarterly and flash bonuses
Flexible working hours
28 days paid annual leave
Annual company retreat - we all went to Dubai in 2022 and are planning 2 more retreats for 2023!
Highly talented, dependable co-workers in a global, multicultural organisation
Our teams are small enough for you to be impactful
Our business is globally established and successful, offering stability and security to our Team Members
Our mission is to be an everyday entertainment platform for everyone
Our Operating Principles
1. Create Value for Users
2. Act in the Long-Term Interests of Sporty
3. Focus on Product Improvements & Innovation
4. Be Responsible
5. Preserve Integrity & Honesty
6. Respect Confidentiality & Privacy
7. Ensure Stability, Security & Scalability
8. Work Hard with Passion & Pride
Working at Sporty
The top-down mentality at Sporty is high performance based, meaning we trust you to do your job with an emphasis on support to help you achieve, grow and de-block any issues when they're in your way.
Generally employees can choose their own hours, as long as they are collaborating and doing stand-ups etc. The emphasis is really on results.
As we are a highly structured and established company we are able to offer the security and support of a global business with the allure of a startup environment. Sporty is independently managed and financed, meaning we don’t have arbitrary shareholder or VC targets to cater to.
We literally build, spend and make decisions based on the ethos of building THE best platform of its kind. We are truly a tech company to the core and take excellent care of our Team Members.
See more open positions at Sporty.com
Something looks off?