Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
Sporty's sites are some of the most popular on the internet, consistently staying in Alexa's list of top websites for the countries they operate in
As an MLOps Engineer at Sporty, you will be responsible for building robust pipelines that support the entire machine learning lifecycle, encompassing research, iteration, model deployment, low-latency prediction, and model observability. You will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between application software engineering and machine learning/data science, ensuring the seamless integration of our ML solutions across the business.
Who We Are
Sporty Group is a consumer internet and technology business with an unrivalled sports media, gaming, social and fintech platform which serves millions of daily active users across the globe via technology and operations hubs across more than 10 countries and 3 continents.
The recipe for our success is to discover intelligent and energetic people, who are passionate about our products and serving our users, and attract and retain them with a dynamic and flexible work life which empowers them to create value and rewards them generously based upon their contribution.
We have already built a capable and proven team of 300+ high achievers from a diverse set of backgrounds and we are looking for more talented individuals to drive further growth and contribute to the innovation, creativity and hard work that currently serves our users further via their grit and innovation.
- Create generic CI/CD pipelines for deployment of machine learning models that handles a wide range of scenarios for various parts of our business, on fast and versatile data sources with millions of changes per day.
- Build pipelines for the full machine learning lifecycle, including model development, model deployment, low-latency prediction, and model monitoring.
- Connect application software engineering and machine learning/ data science.Implement generic application for ML model serving and orchestration.
- Develop blueprints for deployment of machine learning and data science projects to work towards MLOps.
- Write unit, integration, and performance tests for QA.
- Support data scientists in real on-premise and cloud-based projects.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT (Information Technology), Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience as an MLOpsEngineer, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, or Software Engineer
- Strong software engineering skills and experience implementing scalable machine learning solutions in production
- General understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Good knowledge of relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Strong understanding of Python and SQL as primary delivery languages, including design patterns and associated engineering principles.
- Experience in modern cloud-based platforms, and associated engineering/design principles.
- Practical exposure to modern data platforms (both cloud and on-premise), with direct experience delivering data centric solutions.
- Experience with modern engineering approaches (including MLOps) and in working in an engineering role for a data science team/ environment.
- Understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker/ Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with one or more MLOps frameworks (Kubeflow, Apache Airflow, Argo Workflow, MLFlow, etc.).
- Experience delivering using agile based approaches, and an ability to operate both as part of a core team, and independently as a subject matter expert.
- Experience in distributed microservice architecture and REST API development.
Nice to have
- Apache Spark.
- Relevant knowledge or experience in the gaming industry
Quarterly and flash bonuses
Flexible working hours
28 days paid annual leave
2 x annual company retreats (Lisbon + Dubai in 2022 / Phuket in Q2 2023 + 1 more TBC!)
Highly talented, dependable co-workers in a global, multicultural organisation
Payment via world class online wallet system DEEL
Top of the line equipment supplied by market leader Hofy
We score 100% on The Joel Test
Our teams are small enough for you to be impactful
Our business is globally established and successful, offering stability and security to our Team Members
Our mission is to be an everyday entertainment platform for everyone
Our Operating Principles
1. Create Value for Users
2. Act in the Long-Term Interests of Sporty
3. Focus on Product Improvements & Innovation
4. Be Responsible
5. Preserve Integrity & Honesty
6. Respect Confidentiality & Privacy
7. Ensure Stability, Security & Scalability
8. Work Hard with Passion & Pride
Remote video screening with our Talent Acquisition Team + live ID check
Remote 90 min video interview loop with 3 x Team Members (30 mins each)
Pre offer call with Talent Acquisition Team
ID check via Zinc
24-72 hour feedback loops throughout process
Working at Sporty
The top-down mentality at Sporty is high performance based, meaning we trust you to do your job with an emphasis on support to help you achieve, grow and de-block any issues when they're in your way.
Generally employees can choose their own hours, as long as they are collaborating and doing stand-ups etc. The emphasis is really on results.
As we are a highly structured and established company we are able to offer the security and support of a global business with the allure of a startup environment. Sporty is independently managed and financed, meaning we don’t have arbitrary shareholder or VC targets to cater to.
We literally build, spend and make decisions based on the ethos of building THE best platform of its kind. We are truly a tech company to the core and take excellent care of our Team Members.
See more open positions at Sporty.com
Something looks off?