EU Product Director
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
Sporty's sites are some of the most popular on the internet, consistently staying in Alexa's list of top websites for the countries they operate in.
Purpose of the role
The Director of Product Management is a vital member of Sporty who owns the product roadmap across all products, while transforming our product management team into a world-class organization, through superior data analysis, innovation and execution.
Who We Are
Sporty Group is a consumer internet and technology business with an unrivalled sports media, gaming, social and fintech platform which serves millions of daily active users across the globe via technology and operations hubs across more than 10 countries and 3 continents.
The recipe for our success is to discover intelligent and energetic people, who are passionate about our products and serving our users, and attract and retain them with a dynamic and flexible work life which empowers them to create value and rewards them generously based upon their contribution.
We have already built a capable and proven team of 300+ high achievers from a diverse set of backgrounds and we are looking for more talented individuals to drive further growth and contribute to the innovation, creativity and hard work that currently serves our users further via their grit and innovation.
• Reporting to the CTO, the role will own the operation of the Product Management team.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the issues affecting the company and makes strategic decisions to ensure the company navigates in the right direction.
• Own delivery of product initiatives and releases; able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind the product decisions.
• Collaborate across various functions (Product Management, Engineering, Product Design) to develop overall product strategy and define the vision, roadmap, and goals for our products.
• Provide fact-based data analysis to ensure new product offerings meet customer demands; provide superior quality at scale and distinguish Sporty from existing and future competitive offerings.
• Partner with engineering to establish rapid product development and deployment processes with a small team that can accelerate, build, design, test and launch releases with constant updates.
• Oversee feature prioritization for the development teams and keep programs running on time within an agile development environment.
• Work closely with a cross functional product team to lead the definition and execution of Sporty product strategy from insight to go-to-market execution.
• Ability to be an industry opinion leader, such as industry visibility, attending conferences, giving talks, publishing blog posts, hosting meetups.
• 7+ years mobile/digital Product Management.
• Experience delivering successful mobile/Digital product(s), at scale, while owning vision, strategy, data and execution of that product line.
• Prior start-up experience or an entrepreneurial mentality validated by success within unstructured environments, a rapid integration mindset, and a clear affinity for the customer.
• An excellent team builder. Demonstrated ability to define, refine, and implement development processes, resource planning, metrics, and documentation.
• Excellent customer management, project management skills and ability to work across functions to drive business goals.
• Experience working on a small, talented team to execute sharply.
• Ability to unblocks systemic blockers for direct reports and the business.
Quarterly and flash bonuses
Flexible working hours
28 days paid annual leave
Annual company retreat - we all went to Dubai together in 2022 and have 2 global retreats in planning for 2023!
Highly talented, dependable co-workers in a global, multicultural organisation
Payment via DEEL, a world class online wallet system
Our teams are small enough for you to be impactful
Our business is globally established and successful, offering stability and security to our Team Members
Our mission is to be an everyday entertainment platform for everyone
Our Operating Principles
1. Create Value for Users
2. Act in the Long-Term Interests of Sporty
3. Focus on Product Improvements & Innovation
4. Be Responsible
5. Preserve Integrity & Honesty
6. Respect Confidentiality & Privacy
7. Ensure Stability, Security & Scalability
8. Work Hard with Passion & Pride
30 min Aptitude Test
Remote video screening + ID check with our Talent Acquisition Team
Remote 90 min video interview loop with 3 x Team Members (30 mins each)
24-72 hour feedback loops throughout process
Working at Sporty
The top-down mentality at Sporty is high performance based, meaning we trust you to do your job with an emphasis on support to help you achieve, grow and de-block any issues when they're in your way.
Generally employees can choose their own hours, as long as they are collaborating and doing stand-ups etc. The emphasis is really on results.
As we are a highly structured and established company we are able to offer the security and support of a global business with the allure of a startup environment. Sporty is independently managed and financed, meaning we don’t have arbitrary shareholder or VC targets to cater to.
We literally build, spend and make decisions based on the ethos of building THE best platform of its kind. We are truly a tech company to the core and take excellent care of our Team Members.
See more open positions at Sporty.com
Something looks off?