Partner Sales Engineer, Powered by Snowflake and Technology Partners
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
To support our explosive growth we have built an expansive Partner Ecosystem that includes Powered by Snowflake partners like BlackRock, Lacework, and Simon Data and technology vendors such as Informatica, Thoughtspot, and Fivetran. These partners play a key role in extending native Snowflake functionality and also building innovative horizontal and vertical solutions.
We are looking for a Partner Sales Engineer who is passionate about working with our partners to help them build cutting-edge integrations and solutions for our joint customers. In this role, you will work directly with the partner management team and partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on product integrations with partners, provide technical guidance, evangelize the joint solutions, and ultimately be the trusted advisor for the partners.
As a Snowflake Partner Sales Engineer you must share our passion for reinventing the Data Cloud, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Act as a Snowflake technical leader and trusted adviser for our partners
- Provide architectural and technical guidance to partners and promote successful integrations with Snowflake
- Understand the partner’s business model and current capabilities, whilst developing new strategies and integrations
- Collaborate with the Partner management team to provide technical guidance and support their strategic initiatives
- Engage with the Product team and influence the Snowflake product roadmap based on customer needs and strategic initiatives
- Build technical assets such as white papers, blog posts, best practices documents, virtual hands-on labs, and quickstarts to accelerate the adoption of joint solutions
- Evangelize joint solutions and product integrations by speaking at conferences, webinars, and other marketing events
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing
- Build assets to enable and train Snowflake Sales Engineers on partner integrations and solutions
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 7-8 years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 within a pre-sales/customer facing role
- Broad range of experience with large-scale database or data warehouse technologies and/or business intelligence technology
- Understanding of cloud architectures and services involving SaaS solutions with any of the popular cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solutions
- Hands-on experience with governance products like Informatica, Alation, Collibra, etc.
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Familiarity with data applications and 3-tier architectures
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
Our Sales Engineers are customer-obsessed and we believe in the value we can add and stay honest about it. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback, and are passionate about making our clients successful. Our team works to ensure data is accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone.
Something looks off?