Industry FCTO Americas, Telecommunications
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Shape the future of Telecom. Join our team!
Are you passionate about taking new ideas and innovation to market? Have you successfully applied technology to solve business problems in the Telecom industry? If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you to use your expertise across Data, Cloud, and AI to drive transformational changes in the Telecom industry, in a highly visible role, collaborating and innovating with our Telecom customers and Snowflake technology leadership.
We are actively seeking an Industry Field CTO for our Telecommunications industry vertical practice to join our Field CTO Organization. In this role, you will work side-by-side with our strategic Telecom customers, building trusted advisor relationships with CxOs and technical leaders, influencing technical strategy and technology alignment. You will also partner with our Telecom sales teams, marketing, product management, and ecosystem partners to create compelling and innovative Telecom solutions that will help our customers transform their operations and monetize new services.
As an industry expert, you will have the opportunity to apply your successful track record architecting and building Telecom solutions across mobile, wireline and edge services architectures, to drive co-innovation programs with our strategic customers, using our products, technologies and best practices. As a Chief Technologist, this role will give you the opportunity to make a meaningful impact, by helping to mentor, empower and develop our top technical specialist talent, advising and guiding on methodologies, architecture design, technology innovation and the business value of technology.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Lead key technical stakeholder engagements in our most strategic Telecom customers by building trusted relationships, influencing technical alignment and promoting technology innovation and evolution strategies.
- Identify, engage in and help develop pre-sales opportunities, provide guidance on architecture & solution design, product & technology selection and deliver presentations on vision, product and technology at customer executive briefings.
- Collaborate with our industry go-to-market team to develop industry vision & strategy, work with product management to prioritize and drive industry-specific capabilities and evangelize our Telecom industry vision at key industry events.
- Be the voice of the customer, identify industry trends, product gaps and functional product/solution requirements while partnering with product management on roadmap development and customer requirements prioritization.
- Lead solution development, co-innovation engagements and proof-of-concept projects with key strategic customers.
- Collaborate with Global and Regional System Integration partners to jointly define and develop Telecom industry solutions.
- Identify, evaluate and recruit potential ISV partners and Marketplace providers, while aligning with solutions, reference architectures, data sets, and use cases.
- Enable technical sales teams on industry technology trends, solution architecture & requirements and partner capabilities.
- Contribute and participate in industry marketing activities & events, such as webinars, conferences & blogs.
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 10+ years of Telecom Service Provider industry experience consulting on and/or designing mobile & wireline solutions, architectures and services.
- Well-versed in the overall challenges impacting the Telecom industry and the application of technology to enable use cases such as Network and Cloud Infrastructure Optimization, Customer Experience Management, AI Operations & IoT Analytics.
- Broad range of experience with technical and design direction including large-scale database and/or data warehouse technology, ETL, analytics, and public cloud technologies.
- Understanding of Data Science & Machine Learning concepts and applications in the Telecom industry.
- Familiarity with industry forums, communities & standards bodies (e.g. ETSI, GSMA,TM Forum).
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Experience working with C-level executives and an ability to quickly establish credibility with senior leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred.
- The ability to travel to customer sites, industry events, and other related events as required.
Something looks off?