Payroll Specialist - DE
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Reviews and guarantees submission of payroll-related data to service providers, statutory filing requirements and payroll approvals.
- Manages existing relationships with payroll, accounting and benefits service providers.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for customers to run their monthly payroll cycle.
- Responsible for ensuring full data integrity.
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
What you bring
- Experience of in-house payroll processing or equivalent.
- Knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Proficient in using software tools like SAP, Excel / Google Sheet.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work.
- You'll report to: Manager, Payroll Operations
- Team: Payroll
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from the following locations as we encourage our teams to diversify; Europe
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Roughly 3 hours across 6 weeks
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with senior manager
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
See how to convert your CV to PDF here.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Something looks off?