Back-End Software Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
The Back-End Software Engineer will help the team build massively scalable consumer systems for clean energy by helping to lead technical direction for respective engineering solutions at Hanwha Q Cells. This position will be based in the Q CELLS North America headquarters in Irvine, CA, or remote options also are available.
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and quality assurance.
- Analysis of user requirements, creating technical specifications and writing and testing code.
- Maintenance of systems by monitoring and correcting software defects and completing systems risk and reliability analysis.
- Monitoring systems performance, performing maintenance and software integrations for existing systems and maintaining compliance with industry standards.
- Provide application development for the full lifecycle of software. Identify and assess new technologies prior to implementation.
- Integrate existing software products to allow incompatible platforms to work together
- Work closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- 5+ years’ experience designing and coding enterprise level applications.
- Strong experience developing complex enterprise applications with Java and/or NodeJS.
- Experience with REST API architecture and development especially using Swagger.
- Strong focus on automation including Continuous Integration / Deployment with writing unit and integration tests.
- Experience with NodeJS development and build tooling (especially typescript and aws-sdk packages etc).
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture, experience with AWS Eventbridge would be preferrable
- Experience architecting solutions in AWS specifically using: Lambda, AWS MSK, Event Bridge, DynamoDB, S3, EC2, Cloudwatch, among other cloud specific technology stacks.
- Knowledge of application development, React JS or Angular, real-time data processing.
- Strong knowledge and experience in system automation, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience using JIRA, Jenkins, Github, Github Actions and ample experience in configuring and automating the monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated communication and team skills with shared ownership of code and other deliverables.
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies and data warehousing solutions.
- Experience building teams that manipulate data or automate data pipelines in various languages.
- Strong security practices and experience writing code that manages customer data.
- Willingness to work with and learn new technologies, with a dedication to continuing education and advancement of technical knowledge.
- Experience with Typescript, AWS Lambda, Serverless or Cloud Hosted.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- Familiarity with Docker and Serverless architectures like AWS EventBridge, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, EC2, AWS MSK, Redis,, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudFormation, Terraform, and/or other similar cloud services.
- Experience with NodeJS, TypeScripting.
- Understanding of BFF (Backend-for-Frontend) patterns.
- Experience with development of self-healing, reliable and reactive systems.
- Experience with Micro System Design, Event Driven Design, REST API, Jest, Postman
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
See more open positions at Qcells
Something looks off?