Sales Planning Manager
Sales & Business Development
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Manager of Sales Planning is responsible for supporting the key growth initiatives of the sales in the US region by setting sales strategies, managing goals and performance, and driving operations and business through the sale of PV modules and EPC services. This position reports to the Director of Proposal, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, California and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 40%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Manage the pipeline in conjunction with the Company’s resource availability to monitor sales performance and adjust plans as needed to ensure achievement of the annual sales goal
- Analyze market trends, customer insights, and sales data to inform sales strategy
- Be prepared to assist with all communications with the Company’s headquarters, global sales entities and manufacturing facilities
- Provide strategic support for Monthly Business Reviews, Executive/Investment Committee meetings, group requests/meetings, and C-level client engagements as needed
- Assist with strategic planning for long-term market expansion and area development
- Support management decisions with internal and external research and analysis
- All other duties as assigned by the Head of Proposal or upper management
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a related technical field
- Minimum 3 years professional experience with strong quantitative analytics background; experience in management consulting or corporate strategy is preferred
- Energy industry experience is preferred; familiarity with renewable energy preferred
- Must be bilingual in English and Korean
- Self-directed with ability to work independently and effectively lead multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at multiple levels of the organization
- Advanced computer skills - MS Excel, Word, Power Point, data management or visualization tools
- Business operations and/or financial management experience is a plus
- Extraordinary business judgment and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
- Strong project management skills and can manage scope, meet timelines, and present insights to senior leaders within the organization
SALARY RANGE FOR POSITION
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, California is $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Qcells
Something looks off?