Associate Director of Project Finance
Accounting & Finance
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Associate Director of Project Finance position is responsible for managing the project financing and project sales processes. This position reports to the Head of Project Finance, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is remote and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 30% of the time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish project-by-project strategy to monetize tax credits available after considering project profile, regulatory policy, and / or applicable guidance
- Raise 3rd party capital in the form of development financing, construction debt, tax equity, back-leverage debt, etc. to support the buildout of all projects while ensuring cost competitiveness
- Lead all interactions / communications with counterparties, including marketing / solicitations and negotiation of definitive agreements
- Coordinate company-wide, cross-functional team effort to anticipate and resolve issues in order to execute on transactions under tight timelines
- Lead strategic sale of equity interest for company-owned projects; lead entire sales process from soliciting potential buyers through deal closing, including negotiation of transaction documents with counterparties
- Structure creative / strategic financings, including new structures enabled by the Inflation Reduction Act, exit vehicle for efficient sell-downs, and structures for new technologies
- Lead economic evaluation of projects in development (PPA RFPs, BTAs) and M&A opportunities; lead risk assessment and present analysis to Investment Committee
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience sourcing, developing, establishing and managing relationship with investors and lenders across capital stack
- Deep familiarity with financing documents and ability to translate financing terms from transaction agreement to financial model
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams, including Legal, Tax, Accounting, EPC, etc, as part of successful deal closing
- Bias for action; acting with the appropriate degree of urgency with an ultimate focus on delivering results
- Strong ability to problem solve, resolve complex issues identified from detailed knowledge and review of project characteristics, and lead succinct action plan for teams to execute
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility over work product
- Education : Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advance degree a plus
- Years of Experience : Over 5 years of project financing with strong focus on deal closing experience
SALARY RANGE FOR POSITION
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $190,000.00 - $210,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Qcells
Something looks off?