United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Product Manager leads the development and implementation for QCells ESS products and integrated solutions. They help define the product, system vision, and end use case. They are responsible for ensuring QCells products meet and beat market expectations for quality, performance, and cost. This person stays abreast of emerging trends within the energy storage industry and works with others in Systems Integration to modify or develop products in response or anticipation of these trends. This person has a proven track record of bringing utility scale renewable energy products to market and has an intimate knowledge of what is needed to succeed in this space.
This position reports to the Director of ESS Engineering or other senior management personnel that the Vice President/President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, California, or remotely, and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm (one-hour unpaid lunch included in these times). This position may be expected to travel up to 40%.
- Owns the product development and change management program
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, develops product KPI’s and design objectives
- Responsible for product revision tracking and identification system, tracking which subcomponents are used in individual products
- Obtain information and feedback from internal and external clients on ESS needs and desires, and what QCells can do to meet them
- Work with engineering and supply chain management to identify product efficiencies and improvements, and develop a plan and schedule to implement changes
- Performs reviews during design and prior to production to ensure product will meet design objectives and KPI’s
- Assists in the development of department standards, processes, and procedures
- Assists in preparing facilities and departments for accreditation and quality control audits
- Assist with compliance training of other team members and new employees
- Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results
- Maintain well organized product documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 years of professional experience, including previous product development experience
- Experience in the development of battery energy storage system solutions strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or related field
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook with advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to organize, schedule, prioritize, and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and promote recommendations
- Strong ability to work and collaborate in virtual workplace
- Strong collaboration skills and capacity to influence diplomatically within a multi-cultural team environment
- Self-motivated and work with minimal guidance
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience managing projects from initial design to production preferred
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.
See more open positions at Qcells
Something looks off?