(US) Director, Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
PointClickCare is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to lead enterprise growth initiatives that leverage our full set of products by identifying white-space and bringing together cross-segment opportunities. This senior leader has a deep understanding of where the industry is going, understands how technology is advancing, and demonstrates knowledge of market dynamics. He/she has the analytical aptitude, capability to gather a multitude of data points/insights to help assess growth trajectories. They are able to identify, anticipate strategic competitive product and market plays that help PointClickCare remain a market leader.
The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for determining how to leverage the portfolio to help customers better understand how PointClickCare enables organizations to deliver on value-based care for providers in acute and post-acute settings as well as risk bearing entities. This leader will develop and drive the positioning, messaging and market level plans to drive awareness and pipeline for our portfolio across multiple market segments at various stages of maturity. He/she is an innovative, strategic thinker with a deep understanding of markets, buyers, users, and interdependencies across the healthcare continuum, particularly managed care. With an expert understanding of buying audiences and their needs, the successful candidate for this role acts as a subject matter expert and portfolio evangelist who transfers knowledge about markets, buyers and product/s across Product, Marketing and Sales functions. This leader is obsessed with tracking performance to prove what’s working and what is not and backs up strategic insights with evidence and then uses that knowledge to continually optimize positioning, messaging, and narratives that resonates with buyers and empowers our Sales channels to be successful.
This role reports to the SVP, Portfolio Marketing and collaborates closely with Product, Marketing, Business Units, Sales, and Professional Services. This marketer must be data-driven and focused on building marketing programs that drive real impact. Candidates must be comfortable presenting to both large and small audiences, have a passion for making the complex simple, and showcasing value through compelling outcomes, importantly through the eyes of the customer.
This role requires someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and who is an expert at prioritization for themselves and their team. They must be able to pivot and be self-motivated to strive for outcomes even when there is ambiguity.
- In collaboration with Product and Portfolio Marketing peers, this leader identifies the need for market research to quantify priorities and validate market fit to drive product and portfolio decisions in support of business goals.
- Works with Business and Product leaders to define the market opportunity for product/s, and identifies segments with the highest propensity to buy.
- Leverages customer research, personas, and the customer journey to inform go-to-market, end-to-end plans.
- Strong aptitude to grasp and translate product capabilities into customer benefits in order to differentiate and launch products in-market that increases awareness and drives demand.
- Develops product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with buyers and users.
- Collaborates with Product, Portfolio Marketing, and Sales leadership to determine how to maximize our whole portfolio and showcase how products and services from across businesses complement and holistically work together to bring value.
- Works with Sales Enablement to develop sales tools and conduct sales training so customer facing teams better understand competitive differentiators and know how to effectively engage with clients and prospects through value-based selling.
- Develops expertise on target markets, customers, competitors, and their product capabilities with the goal of becoming a credible spokesperson for building relationships with Sales leaders and showcase lead development.
- Track and report on product marketing activity and performance. Provide insights and recommendations to improve results.
- B2B software Product Marketing; experience with SaaS offerings a plus
- Experience in healthcare; preferably value based care, population health management, payer, special needs plans
- Distinguishes how interoperability is further shaping the exchange of information in HCIT
- Experience working the matrix and achieving OKRs through influence across a broad group of functions
- Strong marketing expertise combined with strong business acumen
- Experience leveraging competitive intelligence, qualitative and quantitative market insights, financial performance, and other industry trends to identify unmet customer needs and product development opportunities
- Ability to create compelling, differentiated messaging and value propositions, and drive it into persona-based content
- Exceptional communication, story-telling and presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to different audiences and different functions; ability to take complex and make it simple
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills to keep programs and teams on track
- Team player and strong collaborator with a variety of people and teams
- Great at maintaining diplomacy in times of stress and ambiguity
- A “roll up the sleeves” attitude; self-starter with the intense drive to “make things happen"
- In addition to working with the Marketing team, you will regularly collaborate cross-functionally (Product Management, Sales, Customer Success and others)
- Polished professional with an enthusiastic attitude who thrives in fast-paced environments, with an ability to adapt to and help lead change
- Personally interested in staying abreast of trends in the technology and healthcare industry
- Proven track record of exceptional results
- BS/BA degree. MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- 6 years in healthcare
- 4 years payer experience
- 2 years with Medicare Plans, or Special Needs Plan preferable
- 2 years experience with SaaS organization
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.
See more open positions at PointClickCare
Something looks off?