Senior Accounting Manager
PagerDuty is seeking a Senior Accounting Manager to join our diverse, customer-focused team! As Senior Accounting Manager, you will report to the Director of Accounting and lead the financial close process. You will partner with team members across the finance team and continuously improve finance processes as the company expands.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic fast-growing company in an involved and visible role. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, seeks out continuous improvement, works well cross-functionally & independently, and thrives in a fast-paced, multinational environment.
- Lead the Company’s day-to-day accounting operations, including execution of operational accounting policy, general ledger responsibilities, payroll accounting oversight, and other accounting activities.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of results; Drive operational and process efficiencies to ensure accounting processes are scalable.
- Oversee accounting policies and associated research around Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); Drive the consolidated completion of our financial results, ensuring that they are consistently prepared and materially correct.
- Direct the preparation of SEC-compliant monthly, quarterly and annual financial documents and footnotes.
- Autonomously run the monthly/quarterly close process, ensuring all results are posted and fully analyzed on time and reported to executive management per defined timelines, collaborating successfully with other roles and teams, as needed. Lead the month-end close meetings.
- Design and prepare complex financial analysis for use in the monthly and quarterly closing process.
- Partner with management within the accounting and finance department to gain assurance that the reports are accurate and complete, with fluctuations identified and explained; Partner closely with auditors to provide access to confidential financial information and own the relationship with auditors for GL Accounting; Develop, document and maintain internal control process and their effectiveness.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent major and CPA certification.
- A minimum of 6 years of dynamic accounting experience in high-growth, multinational companies that have reached at least $100m in annual revenue; Strong knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, previous public-company environment experience.
- Very strong technical knowledge of accounting (i.e., GAAP), SEC rules and requirements, classification of accounts and transactions; Solid experience with one or more financial ERP/general ledger systems. Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in leading accounting operations, the monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements.
- Track record of driving organizational change and improving a function.
- Big-4 public company audit experience.
- Comfortable with working across time zones and with team members residing in various geographic locations.
- 3 years of previous experience in a senior individual contributor position within an accounting organization, with validated ability to successfully collaborate with executive management.
- A dedicated people leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team.
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy.
- Customer centric, confirmed ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization.
The base salary range for this position is 98,000 - 134,000 CAD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Something looks off?