Developer Advocate III
We are hiring a Chile-based Developer Advocate to join our small but mighty remote Advocacy and Community team. We’re particularly interested in candidates strongly interested in automation (ideally with Rundeck or similar tools). Do you love developing best practices and sharing your insights with a technical audience? We’re looking for a great communicator with a strong technical background to help our community improve and understand how best to automate their operations workflow.
Expect to spend most of your time creating useful content for a technical audience, participating in technical communities, and serving as a subject matter expert for your peers.
- Write, speak about, and help invent the future of the PagerDuty Operations Cloud, with a focus on the developer audience and process automation.
- Create and deliver content about topics relevant to the PagerDuty developer audience that drive community engagement.
- Represent PagerDuty at developer conferences by presenting relevant technical talks.
- Respond to questions, engage with community members, and generally participate in the Rundeck OSS community, the PagerDuty community, and other technical communities (e.g., Mastodon, Twitter, StackOverflow).
- Create and manage relationships with software developers interested in using and extending PagerDuty APIs.
- Build sample apps, extensions, and integrations with PagerDuty APIs and Rundeck.
- Improve the developer experience using PagerDuty by creating or curating tools to support popular languages (Java, Go, Python, Node, C#, etc.)
- Define open source practices for PagerDuty, including creating standards around open source project maintainership.
- Host and run events (hackathons, workshops, etc.) to encourage developers to build on top of PagerDuty’s APIs.
- Support PagerDuty’s developer portal, help manage documentation of the PagerDuty API and represent community developer interests back to Product and Engineering teams.
- 3+ years experience in software development or working closely with developer audiences (i.e., as a software architect or cloud solution architect)
- 2-4 years of experience of coding experience in 1-2 languages, high level of comfort writing code that leverages APIs
- 1-3 years of experience presenting written or speaking content to developer audiences (blog posts, conference talks, webinars, podcasts, etc.)
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, particularly in English
- Ability to travel (min 25%)
- 2+ years experience in a developer advocate or customer-facing engineering role
- Strong experience working with RESTful APIs
- Contributor or maintainer to open source projects
- Experience managing a production application stack and being on-call
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible
- Familiar with workflow automation technologies & methods such as Business Process Management (BPM)
- A passion for learning new technologies and creatively applying them to community and customer use cases
- Active participation in existing open source or other technical communities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Something looks off?