Director, Global Benefits
Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team:
- As the Director of Global Benefits, you are passionate about leading a global function that thrives in the world of employee benefits and wellbeing programs. Reporting to the VP, Total Rewards & HR Operations, you will define and implement a global benefits philosophy structured around simplifying the complexities of benefits. As a strong partner and collaborator, you will work with your extended team to deliver solutions to support our workforce.
- Lead, define and implement a global benefits philosophy that is aligned to Opendoor’s culture, while meeting the needs of our growing company•Partner with our vendors, brokers, and internal team members to build a streamlined benefit experience for Opendoor's employees. From benefit design to the enrollment experience, you put the employee top of mind and build a user-friendly experience.
- Ensure regulatory compliance across the countries we operate in and have deep knowledge of benefit design globally.
- Lead a benefits team and ensure their professional growth, development and wellbeing.
- You anticipate employees' benefits questions and design proactive communications. Ensure that employees' questions are answered efficiently and seek to continually improve our benefit processes.
- Minimum of (10) years of experience in benefits administration, HR consulting, or related field
- Minimum of (4) years of people management experience
- Leadership experience with strong executive presence and business acumen
- Prior experience in leading a Benefits function within a high growth organization, supporting a broad, global and diverse employee population
- Knowledge in benefits related financials, leading benefits proposals and annual budgeting
- Strong business judgement, communication and interpersonal skills
- Owner driver mentality, who always puts the customer first
- Experience working with enterprise technology solutions, HR systems; namely Workday
Bonus Points if:
- You hold your team and partners accountable, in order to ensure a positive employee benefit experience
- You drive improvements, with a special skill in handling change-- from Workday integrations, setting up benefits for new acquisitions, to ensuring regular employee communication on our benefits offerings
- You are energized when navigating the complexities of global benefits administration and regulatory requirements
- You are passionate about building for the future and continually consider offerings that advance our employees' wellbeing
- Skilled in implementing leave management practices globally
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington, and New Jersey is $192,000 - $264,000 yr., and in California and New York City is $192,000 - $264,000 yr. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
See more open positions at Opendoor
Something looks off?