Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are, if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen!
We are looking for a highly-motivated Revenue Accountant to join our Accounting team. You will support the accounting team to ensure our billings and revenue are reported accurately, contribute to process improvement efforts, and help scale the growth of the team.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in NYC
What You'll Do
- Review and analyze customer contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies and service and pricing terms are accurately reflected in our billings.
- Review monthly invoicing process, including generating and distributing customer invoices, reconciling usage and product data setup, preparing customer invoicing reports, and validating service and pricing terms with customer contracts.
- Contribute to process improvements and revenue/billing efficiencies through collaboration with our Business System and Deployment teams.
- Post client payments to ensure all cash receipts are accurately applied.
- Collaborate with our Customer Support team to process refunds, credits, and invoice disputes.
- Reconcile and analyze revenue-related general ledger accounts to ensure appropriate balances are accurate and complete.
- Update and maintain SOX documentation of controls and process narratives, ensure no control gaps and risks, and effective internal controls.
- Work with the accounting team and other department stakeholders to develop strategies to maximize the efficiency of revenue procedures.
What We'll Expect From You
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of SaaS billing experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions).
- Experience preparing supporting documentation for quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Experience with Salesforce, Zuora, and Sage Intacct financial software.
- Familiarity with Looker or other BI tools is a plus.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We're remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $62k - 83k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we're a part of. So if you're excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at email@example.com.
See more open positions at Olo
Something looks off?