Senior Software Engineer - GX Client Ecosystem
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Join Netflix's revolution in entertainment as part of our Growth Experiences Client Ecosystem (GXCE) team. We're pioneering the future of member experiences, and we want you on board. The GXCE team is a cornerstone in our growth engineering strategy, empowering rapid innovation and adaptivity in customer acquisition, scalable commerce, and revenue growth. Our formula for success is straightforward: we expedite growth experiments and product feature launches while reducing cognitive load and fostering autonomy by building an ecosystem of client frameworks and tools across Web, Mobile, and TV platforms, promoting a learning culture, and innovating based on collaborative relationships.
Our long-term goals are to:
+ Provide and maintain a paved path that fulfills our purpose and mission.
+ Integrate best practices and standards into our paved path.
+ Promote effective partnerships and collaborations across Web, Mobile, and TV platforms.
+ Become customer advocates – fostering a feedback-rich environment, acting as proxies for complex services, providing comprehensive education, training materials, and documentation, and staying updated with technological advancements to anticipate customer needs.
We evaluate our success through:
+ Developer experience and satisfaction.
+ Our ability to meet and exceed customer expectations.
+ The velocity, volume, and efficiency of experimentation and productization.
+ Our ability to reduce technical debt and optimize engineering practices.
Why We Want You
We value thoughtful engineers who lead with passion, resilience, a positive attitude, and a high degree of empathy. The following expectations are how we measure success for engineers joining the team. However, please note that we do not expect applicants to 100% meet our expectations as a prerequisite for an interview. Any gaps should be treated as growth opportunities once hired.
- Use your expertise and experience to identify and solve complex problems by driving new or improving existing solutions that positively impact the team’s scope of work.
- Deliver team-level architecture and project impact, solve problems by leading projects for a few adjacent peers, and drive larger cross-functional projects.
- Improve efficiency, perform strategic migrations, deprecate or decommission systems, reduce complexity, and selflessly avoid local simplifications that export complexity to other teams.
- Own decisions regarding component, feature, or system-level quality, reliability, efficiency, and performance, balancing investments in each area.
- Demonstrate good judgment by applying engineering best practices (e.g., peer reviews, metrics, architecture design, documentation, farming for dissent, collecting input from the team and stakeholders, and weighing tradeoffs).
- Proactively describe complex technical issues and their impact (within your scope) to stakeholders.
- Eager for opportunities to learn, grow, lead by influence, develop, and mentor others.
- Understand the importance of gathering feedback, driving alignment, and finding the right balance between trade-offs.
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally (e.g., sharing/receiving cross-team feedback, navigating dissent on their approach) on a project-level basis.
- Embody, contribute to, and shape the Netflix culture while holding colleagues to the same standard.
- Create environments where people of different backgrounds and experiences feel valued and encouraged to contribute their talents and perspectives.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field or equivalent computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, building, and shipping software.
- Experience with API development and consumption.
- Ability to design, architect, debug, test, and create well-documented code.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with UI design systems and SDUI methodology.
- Hands-on experience with GraphQL using Apollo or similar, Redux, or modern React development using Hooks.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of design and architectural patterns.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with app performance and health metrics (e.g., Web Vitals).
- Experience with or is interested in Mobile development.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and assess your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically between $300,000 - $900,000. This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which aligns with our compensation philosophy.
We operate under a flexible hybrid work policy, making this role remote-friendly. We encourage remote teammates to visit the office at a rhythm that suits them and the team. Netflix is a proud equal-opportunity employer. We're committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. We understand that diversity of thought and background makes our team stronger.
See more open positions at Netflix
Something looks off?