Senior Engineer - Unity, Spry Fox
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our motto is, “Make the world a better place”; and we try to do this through the games we make. Invention is part of our DNA at Spry Fox. Whether it’s by designing MMOs that encourage the development of friendships and discourage toxicity, or by designing unique puzzle games that promote English language learning; we’re always asking ourselves “How does this game improve your life?”
Spry Fox strives to be a studio that is a pleasure to work for, an important but not dominating part of your life, and recognizes crunch is a negative, counter-productive industry practice — something to be learned from and avoided in the future. We want you to have friends, family, hobbies, and a life outside of work. We want you to love your colleagues and know that they support you 100%. We want you to be proud of what you do and how you do it.
For 10+ years, we’ve been fully remote with Foxes scattered all over the world. To make that work well, we all are online and communicative from 9am to 1pm PST to ensure that we have enough overlapping work hours with our team; otherwise, our schedules are flexible and fully under our individual control!
Now that we’re a part of Netflix, we can do what we love with more support and without having to worry about how to monetize! We’ve always been focused on making thoughtful, original games… now more than ever.
ABOUT THE JOB
Spry Fox is looking for a Senior Software Engineer experienced with working in Unity to help us develop the sequel to our hit life sim game, Cozy Grove!
- 7+ years of professional game development experience
- Experience shipping at least one commercial game in the Unity engine
- Advanced programming skills in C# with the ability to effectively write and evaluate code that optimizes performance and the stability of our game.
- Experience supporting a live service game title
- iOS and Android mobile development experience
- Ability to coordinate and build effective partnerships within the engineering team and other development verticals
- Ability to work autonomously and influence teams through proactive leadership, and effective communication.
- Desire to make the world a better place through games!
NICE TO HAVE
- Have any backend (i.e. multiplayer/server) development experience)
- Have interests outside of game development
- Have shipped several games in your professional career
See more open positions at Netflix
Something looks off?