Bioinformatics Software Engineer III
Natera is currently seeking a Bioinformatics Software Engineer III for our Tertiary Analysis Platform, including our Variant Management System and our Variant Quality Control system. Some Java or Python plus Angular or React experience is required.
- Participate in the development of Natera genetic curation system and variant quality control, responsible for integrating with multiple Natera products for analysis of DNA samples coming from sequencing hardware.
- Provide level 3 (L3) development support for production code issues: troubleshooting, root cause analysis, hot fixes, maintenance releases.
- Design and implement software components in Java (Spring), Python, React and Angular.
- Analyze and fix software defects.
- Perform code reviews.
- Ability to analyze and improve existing front-end applications and propose improvement solutions.
- Design and implement new user-facing features on existing web applications is a plus.
- Provide transparency and working progress on deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience in Python development. Java and SpringBoot is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to write and use SQL queries effectively.
- Experience in working with an agile software development team using test-driven development and unit testing framework.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance.
- Knowledge in REST API design concepts and JSON.
- Healthcare IT experience is beneficial, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor of Science in Computing Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experienced with DNANexus or another genomics platform provider.
- Experience with public domain data sources, e.g. Clinvar, gnomAD preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills in group-chat and over telephone.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical background.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?