Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Work tightly with groups within and external to IT for best overall systems design and operations.
- Work closely with customers in all phases of SDLC to investigate areas of improvement and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Guide and encourage the team and our customers to follow SRE practices.
- Participate in operations efforts and be a point person for infrastructure activities.
- Build and deploy cloud-based infrastructure to support the business.
- Build or extend tools for monitoring applications and underlying infrastructure, and ensure critical applications are monitored in the right ways
- Develop automation and CI/CD processes to enable teams to build, test, deploy, manage, configure, secure, scale and monitor their applications using the latest technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and others.
- Participate in architectural decisions to help improve the quality of our infrastructure and applications.
- Configure and manage development tools such as GitLab, Terraform, K8s and others.
- Be ready to respond to a team or business critical incident in a timely manner. (Share an on-call rotation)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, business or technical field, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of related relevant experience
- 3 years proven success in Software Development / Engineering preferred
- 4 years proven success in SRE / DevOps and continuous deployment automation leadership preferred
- 5 years experience working in a large technology based global enterprise, tech/bio/pharma preferred
- Strong all around experience in Amazon Web Services, AWS certification preferred.
- Experience with CloudFormation and Lambda / Serverless as part of infrastructure.
- Solid experience with EKS, Kubernetes CKA certification preferred.
- Strong experience with Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with Kafka / MSK preferred.
- Experience with Datadog and Pagerduty.
- Substantial experience in Python and Shell scripting.
- Good understanding of Docker and Linux / Unix administration.
- Practical experience building CI/CD pipelines and architecting medium-sized systems.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Practical experience managing applications deployed using Docker in Cloud.
- Experience with container orchestration tools.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resourcing, network issues to application stack traces.
- Strong communication skills. Be able to justify and stand for the proper solution.
- Experience with GitLab, Istio, GitOps, Argo CD, FinOps are nice to have.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?