Medical Science Liaison, Oncology NYC Metro Area
The Medical Science Liaison – Oncology (Portfolio) is a member of Natera's Oncology Medical Affairs team. They represent Natera by serving as scientific ambassadors, working to educate and develop relationships with clinicians, researchers, payers and other healthcare professionals. MSLs also work with Natera’s clinical, R&D, marketing, and sales teams to encourage full potential of product life cycle and pipeline. The MSL is the field-based scientific expert who will travel within their assigned territory to educate healthcare professionals and provide clinical support to the Natera sales team. Through their expertise and external interactions, they will gain and share the medical voice of customers to assist in the development and execution of strategic plans that support Natera’s Oncology suite of products. The MSL is technologically savvy and knows how to appropriately share and use this knowledge to improve business.
Region: Preference to someone in NYC Metro area
- Provide scientific and/or clinical presentations on data that support Natera’s Oncology products
- Serve as a medical and scientific resource for the Natera US and International Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Bio Pharma teams
- Develop, maintain, and manage interactions with Oncology Key Opinion Leaders (“KOLs”) as it relates to Signatera
- Support lab operations in providing additional information to healthcare providers as it pertains to Natera’s Oncology products
- Represent Natera at various US and International scientific and clinical congresses
- Engage in continuous learning to maintain scientific and clinical expertise as it relates to Natera’s Oncology products
- Provides medical expertise in creation of materials for healthcare providers, review and approval of external resources, communication tools and publications to ensure medical accuracy
- Support and coordinate ongoing clinical trial and research initiatives at academic institutions and/or study sites
- Over 70% travel is required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Healthcare professionals with relevant scientific knowledge and/or clinical training in Oncology will be considered
- Advanced healthcare/scientific degree preferred (Ph.D., PharmD, M.D/D.O., D.N.P.), (Master’s degree required – GC’s, PA’s will be considered)
- MSL experience preferred, but not required
- Must live within assigned/advertised geographic territory
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Outgoing and confident demeanor, whose an independent thinker and persuasive communicator
- Experience in establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholder functions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, R&D) and external customers
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Employs strategic thinking to contribute to product, departmental, and organizational plans, and goals
- Demonstrates flexibility and capacity to adjust to change and adapt to unexpected tasks, issues, changes in strategy, or department needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to read, interpret, and convey complex scientific information
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This is a remote position and often work requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?