Lead Engineer, Cloud APIx Integrations
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Cloud API eXperience (APIx) teams are part of MongoDB Cloud Services, a diverse group of individuals who develop the capabilities to run MongoDB globally (see MongoDB Atlas). Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, scalable, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes. APIx’s mission is to craft delightful experiences for developers of all levels onboarding and working with MongoDB.
This role will involve forming a new team in APIx that will be responsible for building our tools to automate infrastructure on any cloud. The Integrations team will be responsible for our DevOps tooling & SDKs for Atlas customers, enabling them to mange their deployments at scale using Infrastructure as Code (IaC). Automation & DevOps will be its core, as the number of Integrations & SDKs continue to grow. You will be responsible for building a platform that allows the team to scale with that growth.
We are looking for passionate, intrinsically-motivated software engineers who consistently work to grow their skills and want to take their careers to the next level. No prior experience with MongoDB technologies is required! During interviews, you will meet most of our team and have the opportunity to ask questions about working at MongoDB. We pride ourselves on our team's culture and on being an inclusive and collaborative group that Builds Together.
This role can be based out of our Barcelona office or remotely in Europe.
What will you do?
- Build and grow a team of Engineers to work on DevOps tooling & SDKs
- Propose & support new product features for MongoDB Atlas DevOps & SDK tooling, such as MongoDB Atlas Cloud Formation Resources, MongoDB Atlas Terraform Provider & MongoDB Atlas Go SDK.
- Work closely with product management to define a roadmap for the team that enables the team to scale the Integrations platform
- Contribute code, design, and architecture to the systems the team works on
- Foster an inclusive and respectful work environment according to MongoDB's Core Values
Who are you?
We understand not everyone will meet all the qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
- Enjoys collaboration and being part of a team
- Experience in people management and technical leadership
- Some experience building Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tooling & integrations.
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure platforms, tools and concepts (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Collaborate effectively across multiple teams, locally & remote across timezones, to lead projects to completion
- Approachable, curious, and intellectually honest
How will you measure success?
- In three months, you'll have become familiar with our developer tools and the existing features most relevant to your areas of ownership.
- In six months, you will be driving improvements in your areas of ownership & have started building out your team. You will have built strong relationships with your team and the Cloud organization.
- In nine months, you will have defined a roadmap for the integrations platform & begun automating the CI/CD pipeline of our Integrations. You will be developing & growing your team, focusing on their growth & setting them up for success within MongoDB.
What is in it for you?
- Generous compensation package (top-range salary, equity, comprehensive benefits)
- Flexible working options (not a strict 9-6 role, focus on results, not the appearance of work)
- Many of your contributions will be open-source, allowing you to demonstrate your contributions to the development community.
- A high level of independence in your day-to-day work. Propose innovative solutions to existing problems and own the delivery from start to finish.
- Opportunities to learn on the job (time and support to upskill in new technologies and learn new programming languages, as well as an allowance for educational material)
- You'll be joining a good-humoured encouraging team that deeply cares about its culture and wants to combine work and fun!
- Upon joining, you will have the opportunity to learn everything there is to know about MongoDB via specialised training on the MongoDB University platform and highly supportive colleagues.
Not convinced yet?
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.
Something looks off?