DevOps Engineer (Remote - U.S. only)
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
We’re looking for a early-career (2-3 years of experience) DevOps engineer to join our team. As a Lyra DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our cloud infrastructure, as well as supporting our software delivery pipelines. We care deeply about making a difference in people’s lives, and we hope you do too!
This role can be carried out (hybrid) from our Burlingame, CA headquarters, OR virtual (remote candidates must be physically based in the United States).
- Design and implement infrastructure using tools such as Terraform, Python, and Kubernetes onto our AWS cloud platform.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering and data teams to continually implement, maintain, and improve our cloud infrastructure.
- Automate infrastructure and operations tasks using scripting languages.
- Enforce and adhere to best practices for security and reliability for our infrastructure and applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues, conduct root cause analysis, and implement solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, and implement proactive measures to ensure the availability and reliability of our infrastructure.
- Contribute to the maturation of DevOps and cloud computing best practices.
- Three (3) years experience in managing Cloud Service Providers, with a solid understanding & commitment to cloud security / best practices around identity and compliance.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) a must, especially many of the following: EKS, ElasticBeanstalk, EC2, ECS, VPC, IAM, KMS, Lambda, RDS, ELB/ALB, S3.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, specifically Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Hands-on experience with container technologies, e.g. - Docker, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Strong scripting skills using Python or Bash.
- Familiarity with Linux OS, and experience working in an Agile project team.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools, such as Jenkins, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Proficiency with logging, performance monitoring, and performance tuning tools.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, and excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Experience with networking technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Azure or GCP is a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion at Lyra
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.
See more open positions at Lyra Health
Something looks off?