The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin’s Product team is the fulcrum that takes our vision of what home insurance should be and makes it real. Our product managers are responsible for the commercial success of the product. They straddle technology and all other business areas to ensure the right work is getting done.
We are currently looking for a Product Director to join our team. As a Product Director, you will immerse themselves in the early stages of the customers’ (predominantly digital) journey in discovering Kin’s insurance products, and why Kin’s products are best in class. You will be leading a product team and working with an engineering team that are building products and features that are at the “tip of the spear” in driving user interest and engagement with Kin’s products, innovating solutions to increase awareness of Kin products, and driving more and more of the right types of prospective customers to Kin’s site(s).
In this role, you will be responsible for directly managing a small team of one or more other product management resources, as well as collaborating with colleagues at all levels within the organization. You will partner mostly closely with our Claims organization - and the teams within it - on identifying methods, tools, products, and features to optimize Claims intake, and Claims operations. You and your team will also partner very closely with our Payments team, which is the team responsible for formally processing payments to customers.
- Prioritize products, features, and enhancements including short, mid, and long-term roadmaps
- Create data-driven decisions and recommendations for priorities
- Presenting recommendations to senior leadership as well as any other level of stakeholder in the organization
- Gathering user research and inputs across business functions
- Outlining problems and proposed solutions, supported with data
- Writing user themes, epics, and/or stories that provide all of the details needed by our development teams to develop critical features
- Collaborating with design to create functional prototypes for user testing and mockups for developers
- Planning ahead to ensure team has appropriate amount of work ready and delivery timelines are known to stakeholders
- Coordinating and leading regular team and stakeholder meetings
- Defining metrics that demonstrate product success, while monitoring and responding to outcomes
- 12+ years total work experience
- 8+ years product management experience
- 5+ years experience managing people and teams
- Extensive experience working in financial operations and claims operations, or similar roles driving Claims intake, Claims operations, and Claims payments.
- Extensive experience partnering with Claims functions and other departments within high-growth companies
- Extensive experience working with Agile product and engineering teams in startup and/or rapid-growth environments
- Product management experience at B2C or other software/technology companies
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter attitude
- Experience owning process management or process improvement projects
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Something looks off?