Marketing Analytics Manager
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Marketing Analytics Manager to join our Marketing Analytics team. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and execute data-driven marketing strategies that drive growth and improve ROI. As the owner of our marketing attribution strategy, you will have a critical role in determining how we invest our marketing dollars. In addition, you will lead the implementation of segmentation strategies, using a/b, split or mixed market tests to measure incremental lift and drive incremental growth through smarter single or multi-channel marketing campaigns. Collaborating with the Marketing team, you will support the buildout of forecasting by channel growth for paid marketing while understanding elasticity of demand based on different CAC goals.
We are seeking a curious and self-directed candidate who is passionate about marketing analytics. If you're excited about leveraging data to drive growth and ROI across performance and lifecycle channels, this is the role for you.
A day in the life could include:
- Leveraging data and storytelling to influence marketing strategies; delivering actionable recommendations to optimize marketing tests and strategies
- Owning marketing test designs, analysis and reads to help leadership and key stakeholders understand the impact of marketing strategies and tactics
- Owning the strategy for marketing attribution models and how they impact investment decisions
- Leading the implementation of segmentation strategies to drive incremental growth through smarter single or multi-channel marketing campaigns using rigorous testing frameworks to measure lift
- Supporting the buildout of forecasting by channel growth for paid marketing including understanding elasticity of demand based on different CACs and LTV/CAC goals
- Understanding how to use LTV to accurately value marketing investments so that we generate positive LTV/CAC based on our business goals
- Developing dashboards and analysis to track marketing metrics related to tests we are running
- Working cross-functionally with teams across the organization to identify and prioritize problems, developing and providing actionable solutions, and communicating results to business partners
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of work experience in marketing analytics or a related field in a fast paced, data driven direct-to-consumer business
- Strong experience working with data solutions such as SQL, Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
- Experience with marketing analytics initiatives, including experimentation, test design, and segmentation
- Outstanding analytical skills with experience analyzing complex data sets to derive insights and make data-driven decisions using tools such as SQL plus statistical modeling and forecasting
- Ample project management know-how with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively present insights and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic culture with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience in fintech/insurtech industries
- Comfortable working in a startup environment or with ambiguity
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Something looks off?