Marketing Finance Manager
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a Strategic Finance Manager of Marketing to join our team. This role has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a fast-growing startup and will be a key business partner to marketing leadership. Along with supporting budgeting and forecasting, you will own the weekly & monthly business review processes and partner with key cross-functional stakeholders to uncover business insights and communicate learnings to marketing and finance leadership.
As a Strategic Finance Manager, you have both the ability to operate at the lowest level of detail and consider the big picture to drive strategic and investment recommendations. You have exceptional analytical capabilities, excel in data-driven decision making, and have a track record for driving impact in a rapidly changing environment with limited guidance. This role will report into the Director of Marketing Finance.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own the monthly, quarterly and annual Paid & Incentives Marketing forecast by leveraging cross-functional partnerships with Marketing Channel Leads, Biz Ops, and Data Science
- Serve as the direct business partner to the heads of Paid Marketing and Incentive Marketing, and collaborate closely with channel leads to uncover key trends and advise on capital allocation decisions
- Improve and own the weekly business performance cadence to help identify areas where the business should double-down and inform the weekly forecast
- Partner with the Biz Ops and StratFin Growth teams on customer engagement and CAC/LTV analyses to guide our acquisition and retention strategies by channel
- Evaluate new business and marketing opportunities from a finance perspective and provide recommendations to marketing and finance leadership based on ROI, payback, and strategic value
- Develop, monitor, and drive deeper understanding of our KPIs across the marketing organization and identify opportunities to improve existing reporting processes and key metrics tracking
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis, such as building KPI-based models and using SQL to self-serve data for analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Finance, Business or other related field
- 6-8+ years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Prior experience in Strategic Finance at a fast-paced, high-growth technology company, and experience with marketing finance and consumer-facing marketplaces preferred
- Highly proficient in advanced Excel modeling with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in SQL and experience with Tableau or Mode preferred
- Knowledge of Adaptive Insights a plus
- Ability to use data to identify and quantify opportunities for growth or profitability improvement
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, developing frameworks, providing recommendations and executing action plans
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders, including senior leadership
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?