Senior UX Operations Manager, Design Systems
Remote - USA
The HubSpot product team is passionate about helping small and medium-sized businesses grow better by building the tools that help them market, sell, and serve their customers as they scale. We build products for more than 150,000 customers in over 120 countries around the world. To ensure we have the right foundation in place as our team continues to grow, we are increasing our investment and building out our UX Infrastructure & Ops team.
We're looking for a UX-focused, systems-minded operations manager to support the evolution and ongoing impact of our Canvas design system. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in guiding the development and execution of our design system strategy, aligning it with the organization's goals and objectives while promoting its successful integration and impact across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with the Design Systems Director to refine the strategic planning process for the design system, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives while assisting in defining scope, goals, and key milestones.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration between the design systems team and other departments, ensuring seamless integration of the design system across the organization.
- Oversee operational support for the design systems team, guiding them to stay on track, meet deadlines, and manage dependencies with other teams.
- Champion the design system, promoting its value and benefits throughout the organization and sharing success stories, metrics, and best practices to demonstrate its impact.
- Monitor and measure metrics and KPIs to track the success of the design system, routinely evaluating its impact while providing insightful readouts.
- Cultivate a community of practice around the design system, fostering collaboration, knowledge sharing, and growth among designers, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Identify and drive opportunities for process improvement within the design systems team, streamlining workflows and optimizing their work.
Who you are:
- You have many years of experience working in a software environment, where you’ve worked cross-functionally with engineering / product / research / design.
- You have extensive experience working with complexity, where you can identify and drive initiatives with multiple stakeholders and many moving parts.
- You thrive on ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- You see the bigger picture, are analytical, and can quickly grasp what is an actual problem/opportunity and what needs focus.
- You have familiarity with design systems, design thinking, and user-centered design methodologies and strong understanding of design and development workflows, tools, and best practices.
- You have experience developing and nurturing communities of practice within the organization, providing a platform for team members to share knowledge, discuss challenges, and learn from each other.
- You have experience identifying, documenting, and sharing success stories that showcase the impact of design efforts within the organization, inspiring and motivating team members.
- You are an efficient communicator, have a can-do/fearless attitude, a flexible mindset, and are responsive to a changing environment.
- You can interact with senior leaders and are an influencer that can lead without formal authority.
- You are great at building relationships and also bring playfulness and a sense of humor to work.
About UX at HubSpot
Our UX team is a passionate and diverse group of more than 250 product designers, content designers, researchers, and design ops folks who build consumer-grade experiences while solving enterprise-level problems. We’re set up to work as equal partners to our peers in product management and engineering. And we design and deliver a crafted experience to our customers by setting a high bar on ease of use. We’re investing deeply in building whole and healthy UX teams across all of our disciplines so we can better solve problems for our customers.
We involve our customers in every step of our development process. And we strive to deliver a B2B product that’s just as easy to use as the best B2C products on the market. When our customers grow, we grow, too!
Want to know more about HubSpot’s design system?
- By the people, for the people: keeping your design system evergreen
- How building a design system empowers your team to focus on people — not pixels
- How to gain widespread adoption of your design system
- By the people, for the people: keeping your design system evergreen
- See all HubSpot UX blog posts
One more thing you should know…
There’s a lot of research showing how marginalized groups of people may not apply for jobs unless they meet 100% (or more!) of the qualifications. We also know that many UX folks come from backgrounds with different experiences that might not seem “standard”—and that’s okay! We really value people who bring unique perspectives and add new knowledge to our team.
You might not feel like you “check all the boxes” as you read this job post, but we hope you’ll apply anyway because we’ll take great care in working with you. 🧡
Cash compensation range: 145400-232600 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?