Senior Technical Accountant
Remote - USA
We are looking for a Senior Technical Accountant to join our finance and accounting team! This role will continuously interact with FP&A, Treasury, Legal, Facilities, and other parts of Finance to ensure that HubSpot is compliant with all aspects of US GAAP.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Own the end to end accounting process associated with debt, equity, and stock compensation expenses including accounting related to RSU’s, options, performance awards, convertible debt, and earnings per share from coordination with Stock Plan Admin and Treasury to ultimately financial reporting for these areas.
- Perform research and analysis as needed for new debt and equity transactions, modifications of financing arrangements, or changes in the related accounting guidance
- Own the operational and accounting aspects of our sublease portfolio including coordination with Facilities and subtenants, invoicing, accruals, and assessment of contracts under ASC 842
- Assist with project management and implementation testing of various system and spreadsheet automations and other continuous improvement efforts
- Own the month end process for several key accruals including vendor spend analyses and reconciliations
- Gain broad exposure across the accounting function and its various responsibilities via cross training, obtaining a depth of accounting experience that will be challenging to find at most companies
- Assist with various aspects of SEC and statutory financial reporting including preparing various 10-Q and 10-K footnotes, equity statement, and the cash flow statement
- Assist with the content and delivery of accounting information and trainings to be delivered to the wider team
- Complete monthly/quarterly/annual balance sheet and P&L fluxes and assist FP&A with explaining budget v. actual variances
We are looking for people who have:
- Accounting degree
- 2-4 years at public accounting firm and/or Technical Accounting roles
- CPA preferred, or planned path to obtain CPA license
- Proficiency in Excel is required, Netsuite a plus
- Desire to constantly be learning and improve skills and knowledge
- Big picture mindset to understand the impact of technical accounting decisions on the organization
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves when work needs to get done
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate
Cash compensation range: 84000-126000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?