Technical Lead II
Remote - USA
The CRM product group powers the core experience of HubSpot’s CRM platform, helping over 100,000 businesses Grow Better™ and impacting the careers of almost 1 million CRM users a week. We aim to build fast and reliable products that our customers love to use, and to support administrators with the tools they need for a successful CRM implementation. Unlike other enterprise CRM implementations, we start from a foundation of high customer love and satisfaction.
As we move upmarket to help businesses scale, we are bringing deeper configuration, customization, and extensibility to the CRM. If we can deliver this customization in a no-code/low-code way, while maintaining our world-class ease of use, we know we will help our customers be successful, and in turn HubSpot will be successful.
CRM engineering teams work at the highest level of scale within HubSpot, and do so with a strong culture of automated testing, and Continuous Deployment. We value a community-driven approach to learning, sharing, and teaching each other, so that we can all grow as individuals.
Key Expectations for Technical Lead IIs:
- A Tech Lead II is a player-coach responsible for leading a small team.
- They are recognized as high-performing engineers and think of themselves as makers and builders first.
- They collaborate with Product, Design, and other Tech Leads in their family to define and share relevant, compelling, and challenging goals for their team.
- They work across teams with other TLs to resolve cross-team issues.
- They proactively take ownership of their team’s on-call health and product reliability and quality.
- They have an interest and opinion in the direction of the product. They do not defer this over to the PM or PD or others. Instead, they are an active member of the team’s leadership triad, co-setting the direction for the team.
- They proactively look to grow the members of their team to enable them to take on harder and harder tasks.
- They are actively cultivating Software Engineers into Sr. Software Engineers and Sr. Software Engineers into future TLs and Staff Engineers, etc.
- They are evaluating the performance of their team members and providing them with the necessary coaching, guidance and learning opportunities to help them grow in their careers.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Are a strong senior engineer with some experience leading small teams.
- Have a passion for writing code and reading code, up to 75% of their time.
- Foster an environment that encourages autonomy and psychological safety.
- Understand the value of building a diverse team, and are champions and upstanders for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging initiatives.
- Enjoy mentoring and coaching other team members in a psychologically safe way, while also being open to learning from them as well.
Cash compensation range: 195600-293400 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Something looks off?