Senior Finance Manager, PED & Ops
HOVER is a software platform offering measurement, visualization, estimation, and ordering solutions to the construction and insurance markets. HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across construction, insurance, and newly emerging, with Homeowners. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures, Menlo Ventures, The Home Depot, and leading Insurance carriers such as Travelers, State Farm, and Nationwide, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit resume in PDF Format
Why HOVER wants you:
We are looking for an experienced FP&A business partner to our Product, Engineering, Design (PED) and Operations organizations who can be a thought partner to our senior leaders as HOVER invests both in its existing product suite and multiple nascent products to expand our usability, market share, and customer base. This is an individual contributor role that reports to the head of FP&A and works closely with senior finance and business leadership.
You will contribute by:
Core financial business partnership: You will own our team’s relationship with our leaders in Engineering, Product, and Operations to facilitate their organizations’ capital allocation, through monthly financial closes, quarterly POR (Plan of Review) updates, annual Plan, and LRP (Long Range Plan).
Business planning: To be truly exceptional, you need to move your business partners from the “what happened” to the “how do we make it happen” with rigorous analysis and influence. A significant part of this involves owning our Cost of Sales model in order to help our leaders plan and allocate resources effectively, as well as to support new product growth and gross margin improvement.
Strategic initiatives: You will help us influence the direction of the company! What should our contractor strategy look like? Should we invest more in hardening existing products or building new ones? How should we understand the costs of delivering these products? How do we use this information to represent the business to our leaders and investors?
- 5+ years of experience in a finance business partnership role with demonstrated financial acumen in delivering everything from forecasting and variance analysis to long range planning support to your business partners
- Advanced proficiency in Excel / Google Sheets, and an ability to build models from scratch using ambiguous inputs and imperfect information
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and partnership skills: can you distill to the “so what?” for varying levels of management and functional teams?
- Extreme attention to detail coupled with a service mindset to drive results for your teammates and business partners. We are hands-on and expect you to be too.
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; ability to develop new ideas, create solutions, and implement such mechanisms to result
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to make things better than you find them
- Either located in the SF Bay Area or willing to travel once per quarter to HQ
- Experience in ROI analysis in a Product context; particularly focused on modeling Product investments and gross margins
- Prior use of Adaptive Planning (modeling / admin not required)
- Experience building process in a fast moving environment
- Experience analyzing and planning contractor organizations
- Experience with multiple forms of revenue (subscription, transactional, services)
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000 - $174,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?