Senior Field Security Engineer
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
- Conducting Customer Assurance Activities such as completing Security, Privacy, and Risk Management Questionnaires, assisting in Contract Reviews, participating in Customer Pre-Sales Meetings, and providing Security Documents (such as GitLab’s SOC2 or Penetration Test reports). These activities are managed through the Customer Assurance Activities Service Desk.
- Proactively maintaining self-service security and privacy resources including the Customer Assurance Package, the Trust Center and the internal only AnswerBase and OneTrust Vendorpedia.
- Providing recommendations based on customer security concerns in support of revenue growth through the annual Field Security Study and participation in the Quarterly Business Review Process.
- Building the GitLab Security brand by improving internal and external awareness of GitLab's security practices and the security of our platform. Engaging with customers and prospects through Evangelism Activities and with internal stakeholders via the Field Security Sales Training Program.
- Take ownership of the Customer Assurance program, identify and implement improvements
- Completing Security, Privacy, and Risk Management Questionnaires
- Professionally handle communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on GitLab’s Security practices through formal and informal training, handbook improvements, white papers, conference presentations and blog posts
- Assisting in contract reviews
- Participating in customer pre-sales meetings
- Proactively maintain self-service security and privacy resources
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of GitLab's product, environment, systems and architecture
- Strong written communication skills, experience in working on customer-facing documentation
- Foundational knowledge across security
- Ability to present and engage with customers with confidence
- Experience responding to customer questionnaires
- Ideally some experience reviewing contracts
- Demonstrated experience with security control frameworks such as: SOC 2, ISO, PCI DSS, NIST 800-53, COBIT, etc.
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- GitLab is home to many dedicated Team Member Resource Groups
- Benefits to manage your health, wealth, and well-being regardless of location
- Equity compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan offered
- A personal growth and development budget per year
- Parental leave: 16 weeks
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?