Senior Manager, Global Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax (US)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
As the Senior Manager of Global Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax (US) you will focus on tax provision, compliance, forecast and controversy within the US. You'll collaborate across GitLab to manage projects and find solutions. In this role, you will report to the Director, Global Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax.
What you'll do in this role
- Tax Provision: prepare/review quarterly and annual global tax provision including calculating/reviewing current calculation; maintaining deferred tax balances, uncertain tax positions, and tax account roll forward; and other related schedules/memo and disclosures; Experience with corporate income and franchise taxes, credits and incentives, sales/use/withholding taxes
- Tax Compliance: Working with service providers to prepare/review of federal, state, and local tax returns including preparing state and local apportionment and state adjustment schedules; preparing and maintaining tax attribute schedules; preparing/reviewing of federal and state income tax estimates and extensions
- Tax Forecast: prepare/review quarterly tax forecast
- Tax Controversy: assist with research and supervision of responses to notices regarding federal, state, and local tax issues; provide support and/or manage IRS and state income/franchise tax audits; maintain proper audit and compliance documentation
- Project Management: involved in day-to-day projects within the tax team and other functional groups, including finance, human resources, payroll, legal, R&D and IT, as well as external advisors; supervise information gathering for tax provisions and tax returns; assist in the establishment of and ensures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
- Special Projects: Provide assistance with technical research on various tax issues; and assist in ad hoc/special projects such as IP reorganization and M&A activities
- Team Development: Assist in developing and mentoring other members of the Tax team.
We're looking for
- Ideal candidate would have Big-4 and multinational company experience
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Self-starter, with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and handle a variety of tax assignments in a fast-paced environment including being flexible to geographic time zones
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately, meet deadlines, execute with accuracy and recognize when issues need escalation
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, including pivot table and vlookup
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Experience with ASC 740 is required
- Preference will be given to candidates with Big 4 experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience
- Strong business judgment applied to tax and finance operational activities
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and leading a distributed team
- Leadership experience in a software or global technology company
- Proven strategic and tactical vision to lead a high performing team
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?