AWS Director - Partner Alliances
Remote, OR, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
About the Opportunity
The AWS Director – Partner Alliances role is key to Flywheels commercial cloud partnership strategy. This is a business development role that is accountable for driving the account development and management of assigned partners and provides business leadership as a strategic partner advisor. This role will be part of a world-class team that will shape the direction of the global software cloud partnerships for our Healthcare and AI ecosystem.
Our mission at Flywheel is to empower every healthcare organization on the planet to effectively harness the power of AI with a key focus on multimodal medical imaging data. Our cloud partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission to life and drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Flywheel. The Flywheel Commercial Partnerships team embodies a culture of growth and collaboration, making it a place where individuals are challenged, learn, excel, and can do their best work.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Own and drive business growth measured by revenue (usage & consumption), customer acquisition, strategic initiatives, and geographic expansion as attached to the AWS partnership
- Contribute to Flywheel global healthcare and life science partner strategy
- Collaborate across business groups and AWS sales leadership teams to define co-sell strategies and targeted account mapping roadmaps
- Help internal Flywheel sales channels grow their business in AWS channel by developing comprehensive Partner Business Plans for a portfolio of healthcare and life science customers
- SME in AWS partner ecosystem and field incentive structure to best drive co-sell business between Flywheel and AWS field teams
- Secure and coordinate AWS resources and programs to enable + ensure revenue growth
- Evangelize Flywheel solutions with the various AWS sales teams, clearly articulating the partner’s value propositions to the Amazon teams to foster proactive engagement with Channel Management and Field sellers
- Partner with AWS field roles to deliver Flywheel wins and revenue consumption
- Measure and manage AWS success against metrics to maximize win-win results and strategic partner investments
- Demonstrate account management excellence through high-quality interactions with the partner, and through well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Flywheel leadership
- Review pipeline and drive opportunity velocity with our field
- Contribute to monthly Business Reviews that provides a consistent and predictable partnership governance
- Drive Quarterly Business Review and other governance to track progress against goals and commitments; Collaborate for revenue and scorecard impact through evangelizing partner value to both AWS and Flywheel stakeholders
What would make you a great fit
- 7+ years of business and channel development, sales strategy and execution, marketing and partner management in healthcare, life sciences and biopharma
- 5+ experience working within a cloud hyperscaler’s (AWS/GCP/Azure) partnership or field organization
- Proven success delivering joint solutions with global cloud partners and customers
- Familiarity with cloud computing and software application development practices
- Familiarity with AWS cloud offerings, partner incentives and field team structure
- Familiarity with healthcare solutions ecosystem and ability to clearly understand and articulate the business value of cloud in the healthcare industry, specifically for medical imaging
- Demonstrated experience and success engaging with and influencing senior executives at partner/customer organizations
- Deep strategic advisor and executive relationship management experience driving sales with partners in commercial businesses
- Strong influence and orchestrator skills helping align AWS and partner resources to drive solutions that support customer needs
- Inclusive and collaborative: strong experience leading virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with large and small audiences
- Growth mindset mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, learning and follow through
- Demonstrated experience of being a collaborative and inclusive team member – always adhere to the Robert Sutton’s famous rule
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/MPH or advanced technical degree preferred
Do you feel like you don't have everything that's listed above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
GO STEADY WITH LEVITY
The alchemy of effective teamwork happens when we each take ownership of both the menial and the magical every day. We’re serious, but never stuffy. We keep our cool under pressure because we assume best intentions and maintain perspective. This allows for true teamwork, with a dash of irreverence.
WORK BETTER TOGETHER
We are tenacious and united in our pursuit of solving our customers’ biggest challenges, and no challenge is too big. Diverse backgrounds across our team make us more effective as we listen, absorb, collaborate, and iterate to innovate.
FIGURE IT OUT
We’re obsessed with uncovering the why of any given. Having an open mind allows us to be quick to fail and quick to adapt. We relentlessly pursue continual improvement through learning and imagining new possibilities.
GIVE A SHIT
We’re fueled by grit, boundless energy, and a deep belief that we are doing cool shit. We don’t hesitate to stand up and speak out because we trust that through tough, honest discourse we can drive change and make a real difference for our customers and our mission.
See more open positions at Flywheel
Something looks off?