Senior Software Engineer, Salesforce
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
As a Software Engineer III, Salesforce at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you will work within our CST (Customer Success Technology) domain. CST underpins our Customer Service, MarTech and back office tools, and supports critical functionality e.g., Content Management System (CMS), CRM, Salesforce and trading client(s). This role involves direct collaboration with our internal engineering teams, product & operations teams to define and deliver world class systems for Ops teams to effectively serve the FBG customers.
● You will work closely with our internal and external development teams to deliver a stable and reliable application inline with our product roadmap and schedule.
● You will evaluate new technologies and open sources to recommend improvements for applications, services and systems.
● Cultural and technical champion: Improves and champions our best practices and strives to make Fanatics a better place to work as an engineer
● Build highly scalable and fault tolerant systems in a highly regulated production environment.
● Helps with discovery, design and architecture solutions for complex projects.
● Understand business outcomes and drive technical solutions to help achieve our goals.
● Develop a fundamental understanding of our product, feature set and roadmap, and work closely with the product to make the right technology decisions to enable the team for streamlined growth and future development.
● Partnering with cross-functional peers (PM, Design, DevOps, Security, Front-end engineers)
● Must be open to occasional travel to Fanatics Betting & Gaming offices and other locations for conferences, events, meetings, and team building activities
● We value aptitude over experience but here are some key skills that will make you successful on this team:
● 5+ years of hands-on development experience with Salesforce using APEX, AURA, VisualForce and Lightning framework.
● Familiar with web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, TCP / IP).
● Familiar with version control tools (e.g. Git, SVN).
● Familiar with UML, OOP, and design patterns.
● Familiar with AWS services and/or GCP.
● Experience running experiments, A/B testing and optimizing for business outcomes.
● Ability to triage and debug system-wide production issues.
● Familiarity with: highly available distributed systems, event-driven architecture, complex 3rd party integrations.
● Passionate about working in a highly collaborative team environment
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
See more open positions at Fanatics
Something looks off?