Product Manager II-Card Technology and Tools
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Fanatics Collectibles is looking for a Product Manager II, Card Technology and Tools, who is excited about building the next generation of digitally-powered physical card collecting experiences and card production tools.
As the Product Manager II, Card Technology and Tools, you will drive the digital product strategy around how physical cards interact with digital technology, as well as figure out ways to use technology to improve our pre-production processes, including improving the internal tools teams use to create card sets, as well as experimenting with new tools, like AI, to accelerate the card creation process. This person will work closely with the brand and operations teams, establishing themselves as the subject matter expert of these functions within the technology team. You will fill a critical role on the technology team, working closely with design and engineering colleagues, while supporting a variety of stakeholders on the creative, business and operations teams. You will be expected to own the full vision for this aspect of the digital portfolio and how it’s implemented across all digital products.
- Work with business, product and engineering stakeholders to develop long term strategy, vision and priorities for integrations with physical cards and card production tools.
- Ensure engineering, design and product teams are working efficiently and delivering on road map in a timely manner
- Set and track KPIs to inform strategy and understand success
- Contribute and help build a transparent, collaborative and dynamic team culture
- Present a compelling data-backed narrative of the product strategy, laddering up to the overall digital strategy
- Serve as the subject matter expert for your area of responsibility
- Experience: You have 5+ years product management experience on internal production tools or similar systems used by internal teams to power consumer-facing experiences. Understanding of the trading card space is a bonus.
- Execution: You have led product at fast growing organizations which are able to execute consistently, delivering quality projects of the broadest scope and impact on time
- Technical: You are comfortable working with engineering leadership to prioritize broadly and you understand technical complexities of your product areas
- Analytical: You have a good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis and multivariate testing. You can use data to set OKRs, create dashboards to monitor product health, review analyses from across the company and develop basic models. You can construct a narrative for using data in order to drive the decision-making process
- Organizational skills: You are able to manage relationships with stakeholders across the organization. You have experience working closely with business & marketing partners
- Communication: You’re a strong communicator, both written and orally. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
See more open positions at Fanatics
Something looks off?