Staff Software Engineer, Back End
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG, your role will span across the Digital Sports and Sports Betting markets. We work cross-functionally and drive innovative solutions across the Fanatics Ecosystem.
The Product you’ll be working on Our team aims to be the #1 sports app in the US and to change the way fans connect with their favorite sports, teams, and players. We want to delight and surprise users through compelling news, scores, Free To Play, content & community experience - the role will be crucial in helping define, deliver, and operate these platforms
- You will work closely with our internal and external development teams to deliver a stable and reliable application inline with our product roadmap and schedule.
- You will define best practices, frameworks and our 3rd party business intelligence tools and ensure they are properly deployed within the platform.
- You will evaluate new technologies and open sources to recommend improvements for applications, services and systems.
- As a technology leader you will need a fundamental understanding of our product, feature set and roadmap, and work closely with the product to make the right technology decisions to enable the team for streamlined growth and future development.
- Must be open to occasional travel to Fanatics Betting & Gaming offices and other locations for conferences, events, meetings, and team building activities
- We value aptitude over experience, but here are some key skills that will make you successful on this team:
- 7+ years' experience building scalable applications and backend engineering
- A strong bias for making things happen and love the team aspect of product development
- A data-oriented mindset to support important decision making
- Ability to become a subject matter expert for some of the systems we own, engage in active discussions, and contribute to multiple systems
- Proven experience working with Agile development methodologies and software development lifecycles
- Ability to scale and lead major initiatives
- Expert reviewer and code style enforcer
- Experience with Spring Boot Microservices framework, and JPA is strongly preferred
- Familiar with web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, TCP / IP).
- Familiar with version control tools (e.g. Git, SVN).
- Familiar with UML, OOP, and design patterns.
- Familiar with AWS services and/or GCP.
- Knowledge of open-source application frameworks and/or service-oriented architecture
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
See more open positions at Fanatics
Something looks off?