Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
Do you love sports, statistics, and odds? Are you a passionate sports bettor, or the type of fan who engages with sports betting content for the love of data, modeling and making predictions about how the game is going to play out? If so, the Fanatics Betting & Gaming Risk Trading team may be the perfect match for you!
As a Risk Trader at Fanatics Betting & Gaming (FBG), you will be responsible for customer and liability management making sure the Trading Department is operating at maximum efficiency. Reporting into one of the Trading Risk Managers, you will play an integral role in the Trading team, as well as the wider Fanatics Betting & Gaming. We are looking for a risk enthusiast with a keen eye for detail and a passion for sport.
- Analyse customer data to profile customers both proactively and retrospectively
- Ensure BetFanatics’ prices are accurate at all times
- Be a subject matter expert on trading by having an understanding of how odds for all major sports are compiled
- Provide real time bet monitoring both online and retail using industry leading monitoring tools
- Analyse betting patterns in order to identify potential integrity concerns
- Liaise with several departments around BetFanatics on internal referrals
- Work closely with our data teams to complete and improve retrospective customer reporting
- Ensure event liabilities fit the framework of our growing business
Experience and Skills
- Strong mathematical experience preferred
- A real passion for sport, and an inherent understanding of what sports fans want in order to be entertained
- Ability to understand and interpret data
- Trading experience preferred but not required
- Preference to work in an entrepreneurial, hyper growth environment where decisions are made quickly
- Team-first mentality, with a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done and effectively work cross-functionally across different teams at FBG and the larger Fanatics organization
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to communicate to third parties and a team of skilled trader
- Flexible work schedule will be required, including some evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays
- This role is based out of the UK
- Open to regular travel to events and other Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
See more open positions at Fanatics
Something looks off?