Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $53,600 - $81,900 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/
Fanatics Betting and Gaming (FBG) is seeking a Revenue Auditor who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to join our high-energy Accounting and Finance team. The Revenue Auditor plays a critical role within the accounting and finance department. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Risk, Controls, & Regulatory Reporting, this individual is primarily focused on executing daily audit procedures related to Retail and Online Sportsbook activity, as well as Online Gaming/Casino activity. Additionally, this position will drive efficiency and improve precision within our internal controls program by implementing and optimizing automation tools and use of data.
Our successful candidate must be a collaborative business professional with the background and interpersonal skills to function successfully in a high growth and fast-paced environment with excellent skills around prioritization and influencing. Ideally, our candidate is comfortable and effective in a rapidly changing environment and will partner closely with a broad group of cross-functional business teams to provide guidance and support well-informed decisions. Our candidate will be expected to anticipate and surface issues, solve problems, and recommend solutions, while exercising good business judgment and risk management. This role requires strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between business functions and Accounting and Finance.
- Conducts audits and maintains records in accordance with Governmental Authority or Gaming Regulatory Agency requirements.
- Conducts audits for compliance with other State and Federal Regulations, along with Corporate Policies and Procedures related to Sports Wagering and Online Gaming/Casino products.
- Audit revenues from retail sports wagering operations and online sports wagering activity; as well as revenues from online casino products.
- Use the cash transaction management system to conduct daily tasks such as review daily shift paperwork prepared by retail sportsbook locations and perform reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting of daily regulatory reports.
- Review promotions and bonuses to determine proper accounting treatment and proper win/loss computation.
- Review and reconcile kiosk paperwork and related kiosk regulatory reports.
- Participates in audit meetings to discuss findings with management and related action plans.
- Develop written documentation of audit results, management’s corrective action plan, and distribute as appropriate.
- Communicate with the Revenue Audit supervisor regarding recurring exceptions identified within their responsibilities and take ownership for ensuring issues are resolved.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Sportsbook Operations, Accounting, Compliance, Internal Audit, Data, Engineering, etc.) to investigate findings as well as continually evaluate and improve control practices.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) months of related experience and/or training required in gaming or casino industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain licensing in multiple jurisdictions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Open to regular travel to events and other Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings.
- Experience with Cash Transaction Management Systems for wagering and gaming activity (e.g., Sportsbooks, Gaming/Casinos, etc.)
- Experience using Tableau or other similar data visualization tools.
- Experience framing ambiguous problems, understanding data-driven analyses, and drawing insights from multiple data sources to synthesize into an impactful narrative.
- Active Gaming license in multiple jurisdictions.
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
See more open positions at Fanatics
Something looks off?