Senior Staff Technical Program Manager - FanApp
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includesFanatics Commerce,a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business thathas changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy;Fanatics Collectibles,a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; andFanatics Betting Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
The base salary range for this role is $176,000 per year - $264,000 per year, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
This role is eligible for the Fanatics Betting and Gaming annual bonus program and an equity award.
In addition to the base, bonus, and equity, full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, and other benefits like GymPass, Pet Insurance, Family Care Benefits, Free Shipt deliveries, and more. We’ll also give you $500 to set up your home office!
For information about our benefits, please visit https://benefitsatfanatics.com/
As a Staff Technical Program Manager at Fanatics Betting Gaming (FBG), your role will span across the Digital Sports and Sports Betting markets. We work cross-functionally and drive innovative solutions across the Fanatics Ecosystem.
The Product you’ll be working onOur team aims to be the #1 sports app in the US and to change the way fans connect with their favorite sports, teams, and players. We want to delight and surprise users through compelling news, scores, Free To Play, content community experience - the role will be crucial in helping define, deliver, and operate these platforms
- Take a context driven approach to driving technical and product programs by developing a deep understanding of Fanatics Betting and Gaming’s goals and desired outcomes.
- Communicate, develop, and implement a data-driven strategy, approach, and roadmap for technical program management needs.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, inside and outside of Engineering, and collaborate with leaders to prioritize technical efforts and provide input on program features and capabilities.
- Remain current on technology and trends in engineering.
- Must be open to occasional travel to Fanatics Betting Gaming offices and other locations for conferences, events, meetings, and team building activities
- 5+ years of TPM experience
- 8+ years of directly working w/ Software Engineering Teams
- Interface and communicate with Development and QA teams, Product Managers, Marketing Tech, and Customer Support
- Interface with cross-functional stakeholders to gather requirements, and work with engineering teams to define, evaluate, and prioritize program scope and implementation plans.
- Strong written and verbal and communication skills, able to effectively communicate w/ VP level management
- Drive visibility and transparency of dates, upcoming milestones, and release dates throughout the Sprint development process.
- Experience managing large scale development efforts using various tools.
- Experience working across multiple technical teams
- Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Thrive on turning ambiguity into clarity
- Experience with many SDLC Methodologies
- Must be open to occasional travel to events and Bet Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings.
- Experience with working across large tech organization with multiple PL Verticals and shared services domain
- Experience in a Microservice based architecture
- Experience in a Scaled Agile organization that utilizes Scrum Methodology
If you possess some of these skills but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply!
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants.Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address (this includes @betfanatics.com). For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
See more open positions at Fanatics
Something looks off?