Senior Product Operations Manager II, AV Performance
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
In our cars, you’re free to be yourself. It’s the same here at Cruise. We’re creating a culture that values the experiences and contributions of all of the unique individuals who collectively make up Cruise, so that every employee can do their best work.
Cruise is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, both in our workplace and in our products. If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, come join us. Even if you might not meet every requirement, we strongly encourage you to apply. You might just be the right candidate for us.
About the Role:
- Product Operations applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
- We are looking for a Senior Product Operations Manager on the AV Performance team that accelerates the impact of our ops-dependent products and advances our AV technology. This role will build a holistic view of the challenges and opportunities across our global operations and product suite, develop and drive technical product and operational solutions, and build organizational excellence in data driven experimentation and rapid iteration.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the strategic execution of new cross-functional initiatives
- Identify and prioritize technical and operational initiatives that drive impact and/or efficiency; generate cross-functional agreement on implementing top ideas
- Be the voice of ProdOps to Product & Eng - clarify and prioritize product gaps; drive tooling and process improvements & best practices
- Build operational capabilities specifically around human-in-the-loop systems that significantly increase our rate of feedback and iteration on new features, processes, and products
- Develop data structures & standards that meet partner requirements and unlock impact/efficiencies
- Scope and implement analyses, experiments, and pilots that inform product direction and answer strategic, cross-cutting questions
- Understand technical details and critical datasets; work with stakeholders to design and implement improvements / solutions
- Oversee day to day operations of large distributed workforce, partnering with relevant teams to ensure results are completed on time, cost-effectively and with objectives achieved
- Track, measure, and communicate progress to Cruise leadership and stakeholders that showcases the impact of our work
What you must have:
- 6+ years of work experience, including in consulting, finance, or business operations, or tech startups
- Experience developing sophisticated, innovative strategies for navigating a complex and nascent industry
- Proficiency in crafting and presenting executive-level communications on high-impact, contentious decisions
- Track-record of using analytical thinking to pose data-driven questions, provide insightful analysis, and define and improving metrics for continuous program improvement
- Proficiency in influencing without authority and building consensus across diverse stakeholders for new ideas
The salary range for this position is $125,900 - 185,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care, and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex, a working policy for US-Based Cruisers, lets you and your manager find the working style that’s best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home, or a combination of home and in-office time. - learn more about CruiseFlex here
Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price, and Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow. We offer a new kind of equity program called Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO), which combines IPO-like liquidity with the stability of remaining private - learn more about RLO here
We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, caste, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Candidates applying for roles that operate and remotely operate the AV: Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application, currently holding an active in-state regular driver’s license or equivalent, and no more than one point on driving record. A successful completion of a background check, drug screen and DMV Motor Vehicle Record check is also required.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Something looks off?