Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Our mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. That means the whole world. So we’re determined to nurture our culture of meritocracy where everyone can thrive, no matter what we look like, where we’re from, how we grew up, whom we love, the nature of our faith, or how our bodies or minds work. We’re committed to achieving equity in treatment and opportunity for everyone, where people are judged on the merits and quality of their work.
It all starts with people. Inside every company, behind every brand - while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people. We firmly believe people are the heart of any organization - including our own. That’s why a career here provides much more than simple pay and perks. We’re dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside and out.
The Engineering Team employs some of the top engineering talent who are constantly working to improve on processes, quality and techniques, with the goal of producing the highest quality software solutions in the industry. The lines between traditional QA and software engineering are blurred here, with quality being considered at all stages of development.
Our team is comprised of very talented and highly motivated individuals, who pride themselves on working smarter, not harder. We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done. We aim for operational excellence, having a DevOps culture and a “you build it, you run it” mentality. We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following agile workflows such as Scrum and Kanban depending on the directive of the team. We welcome new technologies and are constantly self-evaluating our tech stack to make sure we are providing software of the highest quality. Continuous Delivery is important to us and we are constantly looking to improve our automated testing and continuous integration.
- Partner with Product/User Experience designers to bring to life excellent customer experiences.
- Team Collaboration
- Technological Evangelism
- Requirements Gathering
- Implementation, pair programming, peer code reviews
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the “you build it you own it” mantra
- C#, . NET Core
- Github, Azure
- SOAP/REST web service APIs
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes, debuggers, and test frameworks
- Typescript/React, Angular
- AWS services (Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, RDS, ECS, and others)
- Experience with other cloud technologies
- Solid understanding on CI/CD tools/pipelines
- Ability to develop robust and secure code
- Experience scaling applications in AWS and on-premise
- Strong troubleshooting and optimization skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience developing in C# or Java. 6+ preferred
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience developing web applications, working with databases, and consuming APIs
- Understanding of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes and test frameworks
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructures such as AWS or Azure
- Use of source code repositories such as Azure DevOps and Git
- Experience working with SQL Server databases
- Performance tuning and optimization for high scale systems
- Experience working with development teams in multiple timezones
- Proven track record of creating secure and scalable software that scales to dozens or hundreds of servers in a distributed, fault tolerant manner
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, online marketplaces, or digital advertising
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with keen attention to detail
What it’s like to work at ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company
We take a whole-person approach to engage and support our global team. We believe the diversity of our global team is an advantage. If you’re curious, innovative, determined, and customer-focused, then you’ll love the challenge and rewards of collaborating as a team to help our customers win. We offer competitive compensation programs that recognize your hard work and results. Because when our customers win, we win. And when we win, you win.
We work to create an environment where everyone who is committed, works hard, and delivers results can thrive and grow. You can connect with one of our employee resource groups and support our diversity, equity and inclusion task force, network with like-minded team members, and showcase your leadership skills.
- Medical, Dental and Psychology benefits
- Competitive time off package with 25 Days of PTO, 2 Wellness days and 1 Give Back Day
- Voucher program for Transportation, Meals & Childcare
- Flexibility to choose where you work - at home with a remote stipend, in the office, or both!
- Access to tools to support your wellbeing such as the Calm App, MoveSpring and an Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development stipend and learning and development offerings to help you build the skills and connections you need to move forward in your career.
- Charitable contribution match per team member
ChannelAdvisor, a CommerceHub Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?