Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
As a Data Analyst, you will own and maintain stakeholder relationships to gather requirements, translate requirements into organized workflows and deliver actionable analysis that improves the operational performance of the claims function. You will also be accountable for data quality, report accuracy, model integrity, and business impact of the analytics function.
In the first few months you will have...
- Developed working knowledge of Clearcover products, features, and related data sources
- Directed changes to our warehouse data models when you identified gaps
- The ability to document your work and understanding the importance of clear documentation as the company grows
- Ample opportunities to solve complex problems and deliver solutions with real business impact.
What do you need?
- Advanced SQL ability necessary for discovering, manipulating and exporting data to support external data requests.
- Significant experience working with complex data
- Demonstrated work experience with at-least one BI tool (Looker is preferred)
- Be a self-starter that finds the most valuable ways to add value without being asked
- Experience prioritizing and executing simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Support company-wide metrics creation, alignment, and reporting to provide context and clarity through intuitive data definitions and structures
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate those needs into actionable insights and reports
- Ability to clearly present data both visually and verbally
What’s nice to have?
- Experience with DBT (Data Build Tool)
- Experience with version control tools (Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a workload comprising short-term, long-term, and ad hoc projects
- Some experience with Python or other scripting programming language
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications? Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply anyway. Don’t count yourself out!
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
Something looks off?